Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,931 Posts
I think some of the electric GURU's on here repair them. Maybe they will jump in and help you out. Might reach out to Mike at Simple Engineering in Arizona. If he does not he could steer you in the right direction. Most electrics on the SSR are not available so these guys have figured out ways to repair them. Good luck. .

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
You might want to try cleaning the contacts on them first. It is common for them to get dirty and not work intermittently. I am pretty sure it is in Dicktators library on how to clean them.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
LOOKING TO BUY WINDOW SWITCHES FOR 2003 CHEVY SSR. CAN ANYONE ASSIST?
They are not separate replaceable switches. They are pcb mounted. The entire console board would need to be replaced if not repairable.
As pointed out by stlhotrod most of the time the contacts just need to be cleaned.
Greg

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,822 Posts
LOOKING TO BUY WINDOW SWITCHES FOR 2003 CHEVY SSR. CAN ANYONE ASSIST?
As others have mentioned, might need cleaning or might need a repair, I can do both if you are interested. Feel free to send a conversation if you have interest.

To clean it yourself just remove it by pulling up in the 4 corner areas. Then take a star bit and remove the bolts on the underside and take off the black cover. From there you will see a clear plastic cover and green circuit board, carefully remove them and then inspect the rubber membrane switches. The copper traces on the green boards and the copper parts on the switch pads need to be clean and shiny. Use some alcohol and clean them up, sometimes an eraser from a pencil can help remove the corrosion. BUT, be very very careful of the small copper bits on the switches, do not rub very hard on those or they will come off. If you have some that are worn or missing I can help repair them.

Below you can see where to pull up to remove the fasteners (this is a manual shift plate in picture) and the unit as it is disassembled.

👉 Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo, etc
Custom Billet Accessories - Shift adapter, letters, satin/polished, etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are not separate replaceable switches. They are pcb mounted. The entire console board would need to be replaced if not repairable.
As pointed out by stlhotrod most of the time the contacts just need to be cleaned.
Greg
THANKS TO ALL. I'VE ALREADY TRIED CLEANING THE CONTACTS BUT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL.I TOOK IT TO MIDAS AUTO CARE AND ANOTHER MECHANICS SHOP IN MY AREA. BOTH CLEANED THEM BUT DISCOVERED THE SWITCH NEEDED TO BE REPLACED. THEY CALLED A CHEVY DEALER AND WAS TOLD THE PARTS ARE NO LONGER MANUFACTURED. THEY RECOMMENDED I TRY TO LOCATE SOMEONE WITH AN SSR THAT THEY ARE PARTING OUT. I MAY TRY THE GENTLEMAN IN ARIZONA TO SEE IF HE HAS A SUGGESTION FOR REPAIR OR REPLACE. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE REPLIES.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS FOR THE VISUAL DRAGO2U. I'LL TAKE A CRACK AT CLEANING IT MYSELF. THE ILLISTRATIONS YOU'VE PROVIDED ARE HELPFUL.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,822 Posts
THANKS FOR THE VISUAL DRAGO2U. I'LL TAKE A CRACK AT CLEANING IT MYSELF. THE ILLISTRATIONS YOU'VE PROVIDED ARE HELPFUL.
As mentioned above, if you need a repair feel free to contact me. Probably about $10-$20 plus shipping.

This place shows they have one - Cleveland Power & Performance - OH Columbia-Station 1-440-236-5031

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
I had problems and found the copper dots had come loose.
See my repair posted here. Have tried this part since with no problems. I also sent it to a fanatic in new york to use as a test piece, and it worked!

As an update, i found the roll of tape and will send you more than enough needed for repair if you find the same issue. Just pm (send conversation) to me with mailing infomation.

I will post information on jumping wires at connector to ensure that the issue is indeed the switches later today

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
I actually found a post where i illustrated this process for bypassing the switch to operate drivers window.

Pictures and details can be found here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts