Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tinted the windows on their SSR yet? I went to get mine tinted and the window tinting people wanted to disable the window roll down/up when opening the door until the tint had dried. Of course, they haven't seen a SSR yet so they didn't know how. Called my dealer, who had to call the technical service line at Chevy. Basically the factory recommended NO tinting. They said the tint might mess up the seal between the window and rubber causing wind noise and leaks (hard to believe as thin as tint is). They also said if you disable the window down/up the rubber molding would be crushed (leading to leaks). They said if I do it, there will be no warranty coverage for leaks or wind noise. Just wondering if anyone else has tried.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Red-SSR-Tn., Not to confuse people but I'm RedTn.SSR. Glad to see you aboard. What part of Tn. do you reside? I'm up here in the boonies in the NW Corner on Ky. Lake, near Paris, Tn. I've had my Redline SSR for about 6 wks. and it's the only one I've seen in the area thusfar. Hope to see more posts from you and if we're neighbors we can do some cruising.

·
Registered
413 Posts
red ssr

Im also in tenn and have a red SSR due ant day got my VIN and it is number 3770

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RedTN.SSR

Sorry, didn't see you're name before I registered. I'm in the Nashville area but I get down your way sometimes. Got mine two weeks ago and boy do I love it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thank you very much for the info. I was just about to get an estimate for tinting. Too bad. I think the red one will look very nice with 35% tint. Oh, well. I much rather have a dry ride than a cool one :)

But I'm going to put a clear bra on it soon. All around and over the fenders too.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Window Tint

Hey RAGZ680, did you disable the window role down/up feature while the tint dried?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
had mine tinted about a 2 months ago. Dont disable the auto windows, if you do they will hang on the rubber. Makes it near impossible to open and shut the doors.:D

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
What about the little bit the windows lower automatically when the doors open and close? Does that affect the tint job?

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
tint

I will get my windows tinted soon. The local tint shop did their first SSR, but didn't know about the windows. When they closed the door they noticed the narrow clear strip at the bottom. No problem. They somehow did an override and retinted the whole windows again. :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
all they have to do is close the latch in the door manually, with a screwdriver. tint the window, and release the latch by using your door handles.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thetintshop was right soon after my post i started to notice scrathes on my glass. the dealer told me it was due to the type of weather strip in the door glass channel. it does'nt have a felt strip just rubber. they are looking into a fix. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts