Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Anyone had experience with tinting the side windows. I noticed when the windows are up they have a little grease deposit on them. It seems like the window is up against something when it is down in the door. Is this a wear point if you had window film or a potential problem?

I assume you would also have to disconnect the battery to keep the windows from moving down when the doors are opened to facilitate tinting to the door top.

Thanks,

David

P.S. I removed my bed Taneau cover for a parade. It was very easy with 2 people. No adjustments when it went back on. Very well thought out design.
I would not hesitate to do again if needed.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
YellowThunder said:
I removed my bed Taneau cover for a parade. It was very easy with 2 people. No adjustments when it went back on. Very well thought out design. I would not hesitate to do again if needed.
Thanks, I have always wondered about that.............

·
Registered
185 Posts
YellowThunder said:
Hello,

Anyone had experience with tinting the side windows. I noticed when the windows are up they have a little grease deposit on them. It seems like the window is up against something when it is down in the door. Is this a wear point if you had window film or a potential problem?

I assume you would also have to disconnect the battery to keep the windows from moving down when the doors are opened to facilitate tinting to the door top.

Thanks,

David

P.S. I removed my bed Taneau cover for a parade. It was very easy with 2 people. No adjustments when it went back on. Very well thought out design.

I had mine tinted and it worked fine. I had been warned that possibly the tint would scratch, but after 5 months, no scratches. I recommend it. Make sure high quality tint is used.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Had my windows tinted and flames put on with reflective tint as well, anyone not getting scratches must have had a good tint guy because felt (or moleskin) needs to be added to the inside of the door to prevent the scratches. Other than the flames, most wouldn't know my side windows have been tinted as my guy cuts so close to the edge. Precision Tint (Greg), Victorville, CA...he is hard to get, very busy, might have to wait for an appointment, but he has done all my vehicles, wouldn't have anyone else :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had both side window's and the back window tinted last April and have had no trouble. Unless you have experience in tinting I would suggest using a pro.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Tinting Didn't Work On Mine

The dealer had tinted the side and back windows as a promo favor. This was done by a very reputable company.

When I took delivery on it, there were already scratches, especially in the bottom 1/2" area.

I took it in and they sent it to another excellent company. Removed the old tint and re-tinted. Within 2 weeks it looked like the first tint job.

Took it back and had them remove all tint. The stock back glass is dark enough could not see at night out the back.

I just recently found out about the moleskin addition. Probably won't tint them again.

My story

Skip

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
YellowThunder said:
Hello,

Thanks,

David

There are many discussions about tinting on this forum.....just do a search.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Window scratches

artsmart said:
Had my windows tinted and flames put on with reflective tint as well, anyone not getting scratches must have had a good tint guy because felt (or moleskin) needs to be added to the inside of the door to prevent the scratches. Other than the flames, most wouldn't know my side windows have been tinted as my guy cuts so close to the edge. Precision Tint (Greg), Victorville, CA...he is hard to get, very busy, might have to wait for an appointment, but he has done all my vehicles, wouldn't have anyone else :)
Tinted windows at point of puchase in July..both windows badly scrached!!
Exactly where does the felt need to be applied?

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Hit the search on this site. There are a couple of detailed threads about the felt/moleskin and window tinting.:thumbs

·
Registered
395 Posts
I still have some MOLE SKIN for this application, if interested PM me and I will help you out. IT WORKS I screwed - up TWO tint jobs before got the FIX ! ! ! ! !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts