Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Thursday it was nice here in Va, so I went to lunch & put the top down. It's possible the person I was with opened/closed the passenger door right after I pushed the top-down button--I wasn't paying much attention.

However, after the top was going down I noticed that the passenger window hadnt lowered. With the top fully down, I tried to lower the passenger window--no go. It didn't move at all. Shut the car off, took key out, started up, tried window--nothing.

So... after lunch, tried it again--nothing. After work, try it again: it works fine. Has worked fine since. Dealer looked at it today and found nothing wrong.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there some sort of safety where if the door opens while the top is going down it won't move the window? If so, is there a way to reset it?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I call my SSR "My sometimes car". SOMETIMES it works and SOMETIMES it don't work. That covers my Wipers, Lights, Seat settings, Radio sets, Top up/down, Windows up/down and a few I must have forgotten about by now.... I still love it!! I just keep the tow truck phone number handy........

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I have an 06 and have had none of these problems :banghead :smash (knock on wood). But the more I hear about some of these problems the more they sound like a computer crash and just needing to sit for a while before they reboot. Wouldn't it be nice if it were that simple all of the time?

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
we have had the door open and put the roof up, everything worked great. I have also opened the roof with the door open and no problem. Could have bee timing with the handle and switch or maybe the window just got stuck. Have you had any problems ever with the alignment?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
sullo said:
Last Thursday it was nice here in Va, so I went to lunch & put the top down. It's possible the person I was with opened/closed the passenger door right after I pushed the top-down button--I wasn't paying much attention.

However, after the top was going down I noticed that the passenger window hadnt lowered. With the top fully down, I tried to lower the passenger window--no go. It didn't move at all. Shut the car off, took key out, started up, tried window--nothing.

So... after lunch, tried it again--nothing. After work, try it again: it works fine. Has worked fine since. Dealer looked at it today and found nothing wrong.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there some sort of safety where if the door opens while the top is going down it won't move the window? If so, is there a way to reset it?
Haven't had that, but I had the blinker just freeze on.....thought I had a bulb out because that's what happens in my camaro, but 'rebooted' the car and it worked fine. (That's happened 3 times). So there are definitely some 'software' issues :jester

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wildcat66 said:
we have had the door open and put the roof up, everything worked great. I have also opened the roof with the door open and no problem. Could have bee timing with the handle and switch or maybe the window just got stuck. Have you had any problems ever with the alignment?
With the window alignment? every now and then I notice after the door is closed it doesn't slide between the rubber seals--usually a retry fixes it. But nothing significant.

I have read about a lot of problems here... but I've only had the car about 5 months so this is *my* first!! Lord only knows what the other owner had done... (but it had very few miles on it).

·
Registered
164 Posts
sullo said:

I have an 04 and have had similar problems... notice that once in a while, the driver side window.. and it has happened to the passenger side as well, but not as often... will not go down, or when down, won't come back up. Don't know what causes this. Most of the time, it occurs when I'm putting the top back up and the windows go down before the top goes up. It's as if the rocker switch is not making contact. Have had the dealer look at it, and they recognize the proglem. GM says it's a programming problem, but they don't have a fix. :mad I would guess that we will have to live with this now that they are stopping production of the SSR and not much else will get fixed unless it's a safety issue. Guess we'll all have to live with it.:banghead :banghead

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also had some problems

With the same issue - also whilst doing some work on the SSR with battery disconnected - when I reconnected the door was open (it was closed when i disconnected) this seemed to fool the window some.

Turning on and off didnt do much - until I tried turning off and locking the car using the key remote - when opened again everything was fine - seems that the driver memory usign the key fob can reset or overide these confused settings?
:smash

·
Registered
159 Posts
Door Switch

sullo said:
With the window alignment? every now and then I notice after the door is closed it doesn't slide between the rubber seals--usually a retry fixes it. But nothing significant.

I have read about a lot of problems here... but I've only had the car about 5 months so this is *my* first!! Lord only knows what the other owner had done... (but it had very few miles on it).
The window alignment is tied in with the door lock switch. The windows will not roll up as they are supposed to. There is a TSB on this problem. Once the dealer has replaced the door switch, it should work like it's supposed to. Door a search and you'll find several "hints" on how to re-set the windows. However, the real fix is having the switch replaced. Good luck.:seeya

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I think we need a thread that is Just TSB's and Fixes. Doing a search, you have to get the wording right and look through a lot of threads. Can we get this please!!!!!

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Same here!

I never know what to expect!
I basically just wait awhile and everything go back to normal.

Right now if you were to use the passanger door handle when looked, the window comes down half an inch every time. Wierd................

I call it the SSR Gremlins!:seeya

I like that SSR-Club (Sometimes)

·
Registered
246 Posts
"Roof Ajar"

Last Tuesday night the "Roof Ajar" signal came on and the roof was not ajar. I tried lowering the roof and putting it back up, that seemed to fix it for about 5 miles, then I went over a bump, it went off again. I couldn't get it to turn off at all then. I took it to the dealer the next morning, they hooked it up to the diagnostic computer and couldn't find anything, tried it again and the roof wouldn't open, the windows wouldn't go up or down, and the door locks wouldn't work. They ordered a new computer (module). I am waiting to hear if that fixed it this morning:banghead

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
wildcat66 said:
I think we need a thread that is Just TSB's and Fixes. Doing a search, you have to get the wording right and look through a lot of threads. Can we get this please!!!!!
Great idea!! Hope this can be done.

·
Premium Member
31,427 Posts
wildcat66 said:
I also agree that this is a good idea too. I'm also willing to go "next door" to NHTSA (I work at US DOT) and get copies of the TSBs and convert them to PDFs, although some of our "GM Insiders" here might have better access than I do.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
Imho

I suggest that the first post in the thread be an index of TSB number and the subject that it covers. The remaining posts be a description of the TSB and the attaching PDF. Posts with PDFs could be added by anyone, but the index has to be owned by the original poster. This will take a little committment on someone's part to keep this active, but it will serve us all very well in the long run. I think the thread should be a reference one focused only the TSBs. Chit-chat postings would be best kept to other threads.

Respectfully Submitted,

Mike

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good Idea

If anybody has any fixes for the windows not going down, doors not locking and roof not retracting, my dealer and I would appreciate the info. My dealer has now spent two solid days working on my problem and is no closer to fixing it than when I took it in. He replaced the BMC module with no results, tried to trace broken wires and I don't know what else:(

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Can you tell us exactly what they have done?
Are you getting the cycle time out warning for the roof? Or any indication that it is trying to work?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts