Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have discovered that my driver's door does not "tighten" up when I close the door. I'm having to lower the window, then raise it again so that it fits the channel. I have read in some of the other threads that the rubber in the channel gets worn and the windows allows "wind" noise in the cabin. This may be part of the problem. I suggest we all check our rides to make sure the windows are doing what they should be doing. I'll be taking mine to the dealer soon to have the windows adjusted, and hopefully, the replacement of the 04 door panels on my 05 that were supposed to be on it when I bought it. I'll see what happens over the next few days.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
froberts said:
I have discovered that my driver's door does not "tighten" up when I close the door. I'm having to lower the window, then raise it again so that it fits the channel. I have read in some of the other threads that the rubber in the channel gets worn and the windows allows "wind" noise in the cabin. This may be part of the problem. I suggest we all check our rides to make sure the windows are doing what they should be doing. I'll be taking mine to the dealer soon to have the windows adjusted, and hopefully, the replacement of the 04 door panels on my 05 that were supposed to be on it when I bought it. I'll see what happens over the next few days.

I had the same thing. This sounds like your door switch isn't working. When the door switch transfers, it lowers the windows. When it closes it raises the window. To prove this, see if the courtesy light comes on when you open the door.

S

·
0 Posts
Congratulations froberts! :thumbs
Looks like you got your 2005 door panels, GOOD for you!
I KNEW you could do it! :flag
Was is much trouble, or did they agree pretty easily? :confused

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sam Fowler said:
Congratulations froberts! :thumbs
Looks like you got your 2005 door panels, GOOD for you!
I KNEW you could do it! :flag
Was is much trouble, or did they agree pretty easily? :confused
Haven't got them yet, still a few miles to go before next service. The service manager is going to take the panels off a newer 05, and put them on mine. I'm sure I'll be pleased with them. Of course it did make a difference that I do part time work for them as a driver, and that I have bought several products from them in the past. They also seem to like the fact that I'm a recently retired police officer too. :flag :cool

·
Registered
230 Posts
this action is contolled by a computer, to reset, lower window and hold switch for 5 sec.
then raise window and hold for 5 sec. , window should then work properly

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
More "Tips & Tricks" from Rick. Say that fast 5 times. :banghead

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
541 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
More "Tips & Tricks" from Rick. Say that fast 5 times. :banghead

P/P

/me says "that fast 5 times."

Do I win a prize for being the first? Or a booby prize for being the corniest?

Diggs

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Definately....

too much time on our hands :leaving

P/P

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rick418cars said:
this action is contolled by a computer, to reset, lower window and hold switch for 5 sec.
I'll give it a try. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rick418cars said:
Just tried it and it seemed to work. I'll still keep my eye on it. Thanks again. :thumbs

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
froberts said:
Just tried it and it seemed to work. I'll still keep my eye on it. Thanks again. :thumbs
Another satisfied customer!

Thank you for shopping SSRFANATIC!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts