Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just spent some time zainoing the car (wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!) and then went to do the windows and used windex, which has always been okay for me.

the windows looked like crap afterwards. not the front and rear but the side windows. is this due to the factory tinting?

what do people use???????

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
No, it is not due to factory tinting. That is INSIDE the glass. Try this. After you clean good with windex (you do know not to use ammonia on aftermarket tint, right?) spray the Z6 on the glass and shine it up good. Z6 is good for windows.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll give it a try and no, I don't know anything about tinting at all. Does that mean I screwed up using windex on the inside windows? If so, will one time have any effect?

Rick

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Don...one more thing I meant to ask.

Is it good to use the mixture thing that comes with the starter kit that cures the polish faster?

What do you use on the chrome?

rick

T

·
0 Posts
I`ve always used Stoner invisible glass cleaner.
Works like a charm.

Newer cars are a problem because the plastic
inside fogs the windows up.

Later,
John

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Machell, I wouldn't use the Zaino tire and rubber dressing on the rubber seals that are near the glass areas at the bottom. Now at the top I would, but I would make sure that I rubbed it in good and did not over apply. It could cause the streaking. Best to do this and give it a good while before you roll up the window.

Rick, if you have had your windows tinted by an aftermarket tinter, you should not use ammonia cleaner. You can find ammonia-free cleaner in the spray cans at most auto stores. Wally World may have it. I wouldn't think that one time would ruin your tint, but I guess it could. Have you had the felt treatment done to the inside of your windows? If not it could be scratches from the hard rubber goof-up that the factory did!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don,

Regular factory windows without aftermarket tinting.

It just seemed that almost as soon as I applied the windex that the windows looked 'wrong'.

I'll try another cleaner and we'll see.

And of course as you already know the Zaino is really something.

Don't forget to let me know your thoughts regarding the Zaino 'quick cure' application.

Thanks for always responding.

Rick

M

·
0 Posts
If there is no aftermarket tinting, I have used, and it may sound funny, but it works, is...a mixture of vinegar and water and dry them with newspaper. Works like a charm and no streaks.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Zaino Accelerator

ricardo said:
Don,

Regular factory windows without aftermarket tinting.

It just seemed that almost as soon as I applied the windex that the windows looked 'wrong'.

I'll try another cleaner and we'll see.

And of course as you already know the Zaino is really something.

Don't forget to let me know your thoughts regarding the Zaino 'quick cure' application.

Thanks for always responding.

Rick
Rick, the accelerator is expensive, but does help speed up the cure time in colder weather. If the weather is above 70 degrees, I think it is a waste of money.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Vinegar

A mixture of 15% white vinegar and water works on windows, newspaper is good for streaks. Have been using it for years. Old trick I learned while working with my uncle in his Body shop

NOTE; The vinegar mix is good for bumper bugs too....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts