Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doea anyone have any information on any kind of mounting device that allows you to attach a digital video camera to the windshield??? I have seen several driving typ videos, but can not find any type of mount to do this with... can anyone help?

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Bogen

Yes, Bogen tripods makes one and I have one that I have used for YEARS. You may be able to find one in a photo supply store but may have to order it direct from Bogen.
http://www.bogenimaging.us CAMERA SUCTION MOUNT / Cat. No: 3289 under manfrotto brand at the bogen site

It is a great suction mount, you could climb the side of a glass building using these suction pads as they pump up to create suction.

I plan on having mine with me for the tail of the dragon tour in May, maybe I will see you there.

Good Luck

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
OP said:
Yes, Bogen tripods makes one and I have one that I have used for YEARS. You may be able to find one in a photo supply store but may have to order it direct from Bogen.
Do a google search on Bogen tripods to fnd it.

It is a great suction mount, you could climb the side of a glass building using these suction pads as they pump up to create suction.

I plan on having mine with me for the tail of the dragon tour in May, maybe I will see you there.

Good Luck
Exellent idea!!!!
OP, here is the website for the museum I was telling you about on the phone the other day
http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com/

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks OP, Thats one thing I wanted to get it for. I plan on going up there in March too for a weekend and wanted to get some more pics and video of the tail to be able to send to people on here to maybe get more folks interested in comming up for the trip in May. As soon as Gina is ready to take reservations, my wife and I plan on making them for May. If Gina isn't already open when we go up there in March, I think we are going to head to Gatlinburg then.

Hope we can meet up on the Tail in May...

OP said:
http://www.bogenimaging.us CAMERA SUCTION MOUNT / Cat. No: 3289 under manfrotto brand at the bogen site

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I bought a plain standard video camera lens HEAD 3/4"X2" (mount or hand hold anywhere) and plugs into my digital Sony Camcorder for record/playback. When pugged-in it over rides the Camcorder camera lens....You could stick it down an old carberator to see the insides if you had enough light.... Same as using a computer desktop video camera with your camcorder or VCR device...

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts