Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled up my empty washer today only to find the fluid was dripping out underneath.
Any ideas, reservoir, pump leaking?
How to fix?
Thanks in advance

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
Filled up my empty washer today only to find the fluid was dripping out underneath.
Any ideas, reservoir, pump leaking?
How to fix?
Thanks in advance
I had the hose come off but it was so long ago that I do not remember how it was attached or where it was on the tank.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,146 Posts
the pump fits into the jug and has a rubber o ring type seal. It could be that o ring seal.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips, is the O ring available as a part or probably best/ easier to replace pump at the same time?
Any tips on removing and replacing the pump?

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
if the bottle is cracked, you'll have to repair it. they are no longer available and the NOS is drying up fast. o rings and/or washers should be a shelf stock item. suggest you remove the bottle first and then see if you can identify where the leak is, First.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My washer pump cracked last winter. Easy fix next to ECM. Right front fender. Bolts for tank are hard to get at. But pump is easy to replace & all auto parts stock the pump.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leaking windshield washer

Thanks Alan for the ebay link and to all the other tips given, will remove complete assembly and go from there.:smile2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts