Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving the other day and when I would mak3 a right turn the wipers would come on. Just in a delay mode, but no switch on. Today I went out, started her up, the wipers came on low speed and the washer fluid sprayed out the nozzles. Again, no switch on at all. I searched and couldn’t find anything on this issue. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,319 Posts
I was driving the other day and when I would mak3 a right turn the wipers would come on. Just in a delay mode, but no switch on. Today I went out, started her up, the wipers came on low speed and the washer fluid sprayed out the nozzles. Again, no switch on at all. I searched and couldn’t find anything on this issue. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks!
There are two possible culprits for this bad behavior. One is the “multi-function switch” on the steering column where all those functions originate. The second is the electronics board on the bottom of the wiper motor where all those functions pass through.

In your case, I would suspect the multi-function switch...... IF..... the wipers came on when you moved the turn signal lever. If, on the other hand, you made a turn without signaling and the wipers came on...... I would go for the pulse board on the bottom of the wiper motor.

What do you think?

Mike

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two possible culprits for this bad behavior. One is the “multi-function switch” on the steering column where all those functions originate. The second is the electronics board on the bottom of the wiper motor where all those functions pass through.

In your case, I would suspect the multi-function switch...... IF..... the wipers came on when you moved the turn signal lever. If, on the other hand, you made a turn without signaling and the wipers came on...... I would go for the pulse board on the bottom of the wiper motor.

What do you think?

Mike

Didn’t move turn signal lever, just making a turn through a curve in the road. I could switch it to th3 first position of on, in the delay mode, and it would stop for a minute, then when it started I could turn it to the off position, and it would be off, until the next right hand curve. Today was just on startup, no turning at all.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Didn’t move turn signal lever, just making a turn through a curve in the road. I could switch it to th3 first position of on, in the delay mode, and it would stop for a minute, then when it started I could turn it to the off position, and it would be off, until the next right hand curve. Today was just on startup, no turning at all.
:smile2:

This scenario reminds me of a often used quote that the Service Writers at the Chevy dealership I worked at would use when a customer showed up with an strange problem

"Ma'am, it appears that there may be a malfunction of one of the component parts":wink2:

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,319 Posts
In this case, I would start by replacing the wiper motor pulse board. 19120931. Available many places on line, including my web store. All functions of the wiper and washer pass through this board and (even though this is the first time I’ve seen it tied to a curve in the road) it is known to cause the problems you describe.

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,441 Posts
In this case, I would start by replacing the wiper motor pulse board. 19120931. Available many places on line, including my web store. All functions of the wiper and washer pass through this board and (even though this is the first time I’ve seen it tied to a curve in the road) it is known to cause the problems you describe.

Regards,

Mike
Since we seem to be getting more SSR's here in Middle Tennessee, I am giving Todd (Todd's Complete Auto Care) your Email. In fact I got one of your business cards I'll give him. Bob :ssr

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Regards,

Mike

Thanks! I’ll be ordering one from you today! Just got the repair kit for the door, just wish I had known about this one at the same time! Oh well! She hid this one from me!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Regards,

Mike

Ordered. Hopefully I can find time to do the door repair and the pulse board repair this week. Thanks again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts