Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Dictator!
My wipers started coming on and washing my windshield whenever they wanted at random times! If top was down I got wet. LOL.
Could not find new motor so ordered Module and followed Dictators step by step replacement instructions with pictures. Problem now solved. I just need to find some more plastic push pins for cowl as some distorted on way out and would not go back in.

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Push Pins Retainer Plastic

Part#18030 by Au Ve Co. 25 par box.

Dicktator
I don't see on Auveco's web site where they sell to individuals. I have been buying Auveco fasteners lately from Metro Bolt and Fastener (www.metroboltmi.com) with success. This whole issue of replacing some of these plastic fasteners has been a real source of indigestion for me. A number of these type of fasteners used on the SSR are shown in the parts dept's computer but without a part number. The Auveco catalog, which is downloadable from their website has a 4 page section in the middle which gives the complete specs of each of their plastic fasteners. A rule of thumb would be to order a fastener that is bigger than the hole. How much bigger? Good question. If you figure that one out please share it.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
I don't see on Auveco's web site where they sell to individuals. I have been buying Auveco fasteners lately from Metro Bolt and Fastener (www.metroboltmi.com) with success. This whole issue of replacing some of these plastic fasteners has been a real source of indigestion for me. A number of these type of fasteners used on the SSR are shown in the parts dept's computer but without a part number. The Auveco catalog, which is downloadable from their website has a 4 page section in the middle which gives the complete specs of each of their plastic fasteners. A rule of thumb would be to order a fastener that is bigger than the hole. How much bigger? Good question. If you figure that one out please share it.
I'll have some with me in Denison....... Just find me and I'll sell you a few. Most of the SSR push-lock fasteners are 1/4" diameter...... I buy them 250 at a time.

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts