Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Painting

I used a silver kraylon paint stick that you can buy at a craft store or most any hardware stores.For the S S then i used purple finger nail polish for the R as mine is UV hope it helps Doug. :cool

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too Late. I just got the windsuppressr in the mail and I took some silver and red enamel and filled in the etching. Look real good. I have to say I am impressed with the quality of the windsuppressr. Very well done bravo. Now if I could just get the pesky roof rattle located and fixed this truck would be perfect.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Silver/Purple

Bought Silver fingernail polish for the "SS" and Ultra Violet polish for the "R" both by Revlon. Had to use a toothpick for the applicator as the polish brush was too wide to use.
Did I get some funny looks at the checkout counter as these were my only purchases. :lol

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
WindsuppreSSR Decals

You Heard It Here First

Because of the many requests for a decal to fit in the SSR letters of the WindsuppreSSR. I have been developing letters made of a thin brushed Aluminum the type of material used for outside Automotive applications. It will have a peel off sticky side and the R will be silk screen painted Red. For those that prefer the R the color of their truck it will be easy for you to change the color if you want. I had originally considered making them from vinyl like like the one being used in the door sills and other areas of the SSR. That would have been the easiet and most cost effective but I don't think they would hold up long with the top down and the hot sun beating down on them (I could see problems). I think this will be the best and long lasting way to do it. Plus you can use them on other areas if you want like between the seats on the waterfall would look nice or on the glove box to name a few. Any way I will post some pictures when they are complete and will be offering special discounts to those that have already purchased a WindsuppreSSR.
Stay tuned for further updates :seeya

·
Registered
133 Posts
rhobbel said:
You Heard It Here First

Because of the many requests for a decal to fit in the SSR letters of the WindsuppreSSR. I have been developing letters made of a thin brushed Aluminum the type of material used for outside Automotive applications. It will have a peel off sticky side and the R will be silk screen painted Red. For those that prefer the R the color of their truck it will be easy for you to change the color if you want. I had originally considered making them from vinyl like like the one being used in the door sills and other areas of the SSR. That would have been the easiet and most cost effective but I don't think they would hold up long with the top down and the hot sun beating down on them (I could see problems). I think this will be the best and long lasting way to do it. Plus you can use them on other areas if you want like between the seats on the waterfall would look nice or on the glove box to name a few. Any way I will post some pictures when they are complete and will be offering special discounts to those that have already purchased a WindsuppreSSR.
Stay tuned for further updates :seeya

Great I am in! Let us know when they are available!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
You can order the tail gate script for around $65.00. That would look good I would think. :cool :cool

1 - 9 of 9 Posts