Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the thin line bumpers that I just got for my windsuppressr. For some reason the two inside screws will not tighten up enough to keep the windsuppressr tight. Is there a trick or am I doing something wrong. I also installed the decals and they are awsome.

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
When the thin line bumpers were first released it was mentioned here on the board that there was a problem. You can either sand the spacers yourself or email them and they will send the correct ones so that they will tighten up totally. Although mine are not fully tightened like yours I've had no problems. If a problem pops up I'll sand or replace mine. Do a "search" and you'll find the details! JimO :cool

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did a search but could not find any thing. Thanks for the info, I thought that would be the fix but wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim0
I took over a 1/4 in off and they still did not tighten up. It is better. When I run my seat back in the normal postition it cinches it up. Should be all right but I still would like it tight. I think what it needs is a wider spacer behind the main plexi. to really tighten it up.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Studs too long??

Russr04 said:
Jim0
I took over a 1/4 in off and they still did not tighten up. It is better. When I run my seat back in the normal postition it cinches it up. Should be all right but I still would like it tight. I think what it needs is a wider spacer behind the main plexi. to really tighten it up.

Russ04. I just installed the WS with thinlines on my 05 and had no problems, I wonder if your studs are too long vs too short? If you were catching the thread on the stud at all but it won"t snug up you are either bottoming on the stud before everything is tight or the stud is spinning. But if it was spinning you'd notice that right away.Maybe you should try adding space instead of removing it. Just my thoughts. John317

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took over a quarter of an inch off and they are much better but still not tight. I even tapped the threads out as deep as I could go. I think you are correct in that I need another piece of plexi glass behind the suppressr. Rob is sending me the shorter ones I will wait and see if they work.
Russo4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts