Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank all the people that have purchased the new WindsuppreSSR (formerly Wind Blocker) and all your very nice comments. I am very proud of the design and how well it functions. I introduced the prototype on this site first, several month's ago and asked for opinions. All the response was positive so I went ahead with the manufacture. If not for all the positive response from all of you at this web site I probably would be the only one now with a WindsuppreSSR.
Any way thats all history now. I would like to ask one more favor from the people that have purchased one. I am having a web page constructed and would like to get some other pictures (besides mine) of SSR's with the WindsuppreSSR installed. So if you don't mind having your SSR on a web page for all to see please post on this thread your SSR picture with WindsuppreSSR. or email picture to [email protected] If you would like to be included in the picture all the better (Just be smiling :) ) I will keep you all posted when the web site is complete.
And thanks again :seeya

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
removable?

Before ordering is it permanent or is it easy to remove (on/off) the windsuppressr for those days you want to feeel the wind. I just dont like the idea of having a sheet of glass/plastic stuffing me down.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
saharajohn said:
Before ordering is it permanent or is it easy to remove (on/off) the windsuppressr for those days you want to feeel the wind. I just dont like the idea of having a sheet of glass/plastic stuffing me down.
Thats the great thing about the WindsuppreSSR it doesn't block the wind it blocks the back draft. Thats the wind that comes from behind that mix's with the side wind and creates a swirling out of control blow your hair all over type of wind. You still get plenty of wind with the top down but its all coming from one direction so its not as intense. You can of course put your windows up and eliminate most of the wind and still have the enjoyment of the top down. Say if you want to talk on your cellphone or your wife just got her hair done and your going out, or maybe you just want to listen to some music without all the wind noise. So in other words with the WindsuppreSSR you can control how much wind you get when the top is down.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Ray:

I have not received my WindsuppreSSR yet but should be here today or tomorrow... Once I get it installed I will surely send you a photo...

Rainwater

B

·
0 Posts
saharajohn said:
That is the advantage of the Windbaffle. It can be moved in seconds on the way home from the beach so you can the 'full effect". We have had a great response to the SSR model as well as many years of positive feedback on other roadsters, convertibles, etc.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
windbaffle

Bobs, I was wondering when you'll respond. both Windbaffle and Windsuppressr seems to have pros and cons and the factory wind screen seems to be too small and uncertain about its ease of putting it on/off.
would both item fit inside the roof chamber for storage when not in use?

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WindsuppreSSR

The WindsuppreSSR was designed to be a permanent addition to your SSR. That is why I designed it to match the contour of the seats so it looked like it was part of the SSR and not some add on aftermarket part. I personally did not want to have to worry about taking it off and on and where I was going to store it. Or toss it in the back and let it get all scratched up. If you want portability and don't care about looks Im sure the Baffle will work just fine for you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I received my WindsupreSSR in last night. The unit looks awesome. I hope to install it this weekend. I want to thank Ray for bringing such a great product to market as well as all you fanatics who voted for my name. I will try to get some pics up once it is installed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
WindsuppreSSR

Installed the WindsuppreSSR yesterday in my 04 Slingshot.... Installation time was a cool 35 minutes.... My opinion is that the overall quality and design of the WindsuppreSSR is really good. It looks dynomite on my truck and really makes a difference with wind buffeting. With the top down and the windows up it is almost like having a huge sunroof!!! :cool

I think it adds a more glamorous look to the truck when the top is down...

I give a magnanamous thumbs up to the WindsuppreSSR! :thumbs

Rainwater

Other rides:

2002 Audi A8L
2000 Supercharged Suburban
2000 New Beetle
1938 Ford Pickup Street Rod

·
Registered
74 Posts
Awesome! I think you have done a great job to market your product!
I am a new SSR owner and have already emailed you about drilling holes, etc.
You were so kind to offer to have me send my bumpers to you so you could drill
for me!
I am anxiously awaiting Christmas time when I plan to order my own WindsuppreSSR.
Thanks so much for creating such a great addition to the SSR!

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WindsuppreSSR

coastalcutie said:
Awesome! I think you have done a great job to market your product!
I am a new SSR owner and have already emailed you about drilling holes, etc.
You were so kind to offer to have me send my bumpers to you so you could drill
for me!
I am anxiously awaiting Christmas time when I plan to order my own WindsuppreSSR.
Thanks so much for creating such a great addition to the SSR!
Thanks coastalcutie glad you like it. I would also like to extend that offer to anyone that may be concerned with having to drill open the seatback bumpers. If its a problem for you just remove them and send to me with your order I will drill them and return with your new WindsuppreSSR at no extra charge. I want to make installation as easy as possible for you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
just checked out your new site. wow.....the first stretch SSR :lol

i want to say two things......

first i already have a wind baffle which works superb and the craftmanship and quality are fine so i wish you two boys stop acting like (pick a word).

i will probably get hte suppressr when i want to waste more money simply because i like the bolt on action and i seriously like the SSR logo on the rear.

i will say this.....there is no reason to bash wind baffle. it really works well.

that said there is no doubt that at about the same price supressr will baffle the market.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just ordered a WindsuppreSSR. Plan to install as soon as it gets here. Hope it looks as good as it did in the pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Windsuppressr

I went on an SSR rod run today in Northern CA and saw a WINDSUPPRESSR on an SSR and it looks GREAT.
:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

·
Registered
322 Posts
Very Sharp, great site! This product is really cool, see thru is even better then the other one on the market. Very Nice Job! Will be sure to pass on to others! :thumbs

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
QWKSSR said:
I went on an SSR rod run today in Northern CA and saw a WINDSUPPRESSR on an SSR and it looks GREAT.
:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Doug from Antioc California was nice enough to send me some pictures of the WindsuppreSSR on his truck. I believe he is the one you saw on your rod run.
Looks great on that purple truck :thumbs

Thanks for the pictures Doug I will be adding them on my www.windsuppressr.com web page

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Photo effect

beer100 said:
Did the UV trucks have color matched seat belts or is what I see just a photo artifact.
Hey Beer,

That apparent color reflection was just the result of how the photo was recorded. It gives the appearance of a muted violet color but again it is just way the belt reflected the light and how the camera recorded that image.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts