Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need input from all those who have a WindsuppreSSR. I am 6'5" and was wondering how much does the windsuppressr move ths seats forward. I am comfortable with the seat all the way back, but would be happier if it would recline just a little more. Will I lose even more recline space with it installed? Thanks Mike

·
Registered
541 Posts
6'5" here, too...

You'll lose about 1/2" to 3/4". I just make the seat back more straight up. When we had the 04 it was of course an automatic so I could scootch down a bit. With the 05 and a 6 speed, that is not possible, so the advantage of the WindsupreSSR is lost just a bit for me.

This is just one person's opinion, so you might want to wait for input from others before making a decision.

Diggs

·
Registered
162 Posts
i am 6'3". lost about 3/4", but rearranged the seat and i'm still pretty comfortable. the wind supressr works better for my 5'8" girlfriend than it does for me, but i'm used to having the wind in my hair in convertibles at my height. i have thought about fashioning my own (thinner) seat bumpers to try to reclaim some of the extra space the windsuppressr takes up...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Daisy!

Dear Daisy, It's so nice to meet ya, I can see why you might have a problem reaching the seat controls!!! (Now we know why Fifties always got that teardrop hooked up to the SSR, thats where he's keeping Daisy) Hey Fifties, ya can't keep a babe like that all to yourself!!! :cool

·
Registered
131 Posts
Stretch said:
Dear Daisy, It's so nice to meet ya, I can see why you might have a problem reaching the seat controls!!! (Now we know why Fifties always go that teardrop hooked up to the SSR, thats where he's keeping Daisy) Hey Fifties, ya can't keep a babe like that all to yourself!!! :cool
She promised to never cheat on me if I would let her drive my SSR and the rest is history. Getting a ski board for her birthday.

fiftiesnut

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
fiftiesnut said:
She promised to never cheat on me if I would let her drive my SSR and the rest is history. Getting a ski board for her birthday.

fiftiesnut

Yeah, I can see that she may be a high maintenance babe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts