Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - we said we'd try to do something every couple of months. The Trade Days in Winnie are a monthly event and they're HUGE. The January dates are 6,7,8 and I'd recommend Saturday the 7th.

Meet at the same Racetrack station at I-45 and Dixie Farm Road and head down to Galveston - take the Ferry to Bolivar and then head to High Island and take 124 to Winnie.

This would be the end of our regularly scheduled program and you shop, browse or head out. I-10 is the quickest route back to town.

Who's in or do we have an alternate plan??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
The heck with trade days, I will still be paying off my X-mas shopping. What about a Kerrville route? I think a drive in the country sounds like more fun then hitting someplace for some HUGE shopping outdoor extravaganza. My 0.02.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Focks said:
The heck with trade days, I will still be paying off my X-mas shopping. What about a Kerrville route? I think a drive in the country sounds like more fun then hitting someplace for some HUGE shopping outdoor extravaganza. My 0.02.
We found on the last run that, if you have something for your significant others to do, it makes for a larger turnout. Besides - the cruise part of it is to Galveston - across to Bolivar on the Ferry - the whole length of Bolivar and then north at High Island. Trade days is where we end it. Besides - already been on three hill country cruises and we're trying to get a South Texas thing going. If I was in Plano I wouldn't come here for trade days either. :lol

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
we did a little shopping in Fredricksburg, nice to stop, walk and talk!!! Don't know if I will be bringing the S.O.!!!!

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Salado at Christmas

We have always taken a ride to Salado for Christams because they go all out. They have a lot of great places to take pictures too. If you would like we can plan a run to Beautiful Salado, Texas and we can have a bite at the Stagecoach Inn. If antone wants to join in we are going to have a get together on the 14th of January.

Come join us!

Salado, Texas

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SSR03 said:
We have always taken a ride to Salado for Christams because they go all out. They have a lot of great places to take pictures too. If you would like we can plan a run to Beautiful Salado, Texas and we can have a bite at the Stagecoach Inn.

Salado, Texas
got too much Christmas going on here - I think I'll wait until January

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
You guys know you can count me in. I wouldn't miss a road rally with yall for anything! Anybody who hasn't met this Houston Group needs to attend, you won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Reminder

Just a reminder - the Bolivar - Winnie run is up in less than a month.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
WIldcat I am back from surgery and getting stronger every day and MaMa and me should be ready to go on this rally. Any chance of getting a few from the surrouding Dallas area to run together on the way down? Bill & Eileen Flower Mound

1 - 20 of 68 Posts