Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, been searching but not having luck find anything in the forums.

I would like to get a cover for my '04 to prevent damage (I already had a small branch scuff the hood this weekend! Arghh!) since I don't have a garage to put the car in.

I have a soft cover that came with my car, but it's a garage-cover and if it gets wet it will be a giant sponge. I've been warned by others to get something that won't scratch the paint if the wind makes it shift.

So... suggestions? The obvious solution is to get a bigger garage--and I am working on that :) But in the mean-time...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,354 Posts
I've had really good luck with California Car Covers. They have a wide range of quality and function available.

Most of their covers are vary light, and are designed for outdoor use.

Ray

·
Registered
186 Posts
Other cover options

You might also check out another California based company called Coverking, who interestingly also OEMs the black cotton indoor cover for the SSR sold by Chevy (which is not intended for outdoor storage).

http://www.coverking.com/customcarcoversp.html

They offer a variety of other cover materals suited for different conditions and external storage. They are laser cut to custom fit to the SSRs shape and even available in colors to match your SSR with the option to add the SSR logo onto the cover.

I was storing my SSR outside earlier this year which my new house was being built and bought one of their top of the line covers made out of a durable, lightweight, waterproof, and breathable microfiber material called Stormproof. They delivered within a week after ordering. It rolls up into a compact package for easy storage in the rear bed. I've been pretty happy with the cover and would recommend it. They are not cheap at $327 but are well constructed and fits like a glove even over the mirrors. You can purchase a locking cable to prevent someone swiping your investment :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks!

Looks like the Coverking is available for as little as $244.00 from drivewerks.com (but still comes from Coverking directly).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts