Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 41 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Ilsa runs all winter in Iowa, but she doesn't like slick roads or salt. I try to use the other car (a Jag) in bad weather, but if I need to go somewhere and my wife is using the Jag, Ilsa goes out regardless of the weather. I do try to get her to a car wash as soon as possible after she has run on salt. Her winter rims are the painted OEM ones and summer rims are chromed OEMs. After her present Michelin Pilot Super Sport 4s and 2k summer tires (on the chrome rims) wear down, I'm considering having competition-only wheels for summer (along with her drag wheels) and going with a year-round street wheel which will need painted rims for winter use (with all-season tires). Lately, I like the idea of having the OEM silver-painted rims and the silver running boards painted gloss black.

P.S. Speaking of snow shovels, I went out looking for a replacement for my aluminum-blade snow shovel recently, and all I found was plastic.

With talk about people putting away their SSR for the winter I was wondering if anyone had any plans for updates or changes over the winter? I am going to do something with the dash face and see how it comes out. I want to take the original and sand it smooth along with the top may either do some paint work on it then or do a wrap of some kind on it. My only problem that I haven't figured out is the air bag face. I don't think I want to try sanding it smooth so it may stay with the factory texture. I have a spare face and top so I can work on it over the winter inside. Lets hear what others might be planning?

41 - 41 of 41 Posts