Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do you start getting your SSR ready for winter storage?

I usually start in November.

How many of you drive it all year round? (Californians don't have to participate) :)

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
First part of November sounds about right. It won't be out"playing" in the snow.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
topless in December?? Oh yeah !!!

:party She's a year round ride!! Why should the fun stop in winter?

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
FatherLarry said:

How many of you drive it all year round? (Californians don't have to participate) :)

As it happens, my license tags expire in November and my insurance renewal is October 31st, so she's off the road from then until May 1st.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
FatherLarry said:

Winter, that is top down weather... ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Winter?

I drive her every time theres a nice day! The heater works. The high desert is just a little cold ,sometimes.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
C'mon Down

Instead of storing it for the winter, just bring it to Phoenix.

My wife and I use ours to carpool back and forth to work daily. This is the first week that we have actually been able to enjoy the afternoon drive home topless without roasting.

I expect to put about 1500 miles per month on ours between now and the first of May. Between May and September, our Tahoe has the dual a/c and is the ride of choice for commuting.

I'm still trying to find a way to be in the northern tier in the summer and the southwest in the winter............ and have a job too.

If you are planning a trip to Phoenix, let me know........ I'll throw some steaks and shrimp on the BBQ.

Mike

·
Registered
178 Posts
parothed97 said:
As it happens, my license tags expire in November and my insurance renewal is October 31st, so she's off the road from then until May 1st.
A little Motorcycle trick, when you let your insurance go for those winter months make sure you don't cancel the whole policy because if not you won't be insured for theft or fire or accidents that may happen inside the garage provided that's where it will be kept. I know too many Harley budies that don't insure during winter months and have had them stolen, or otherwise damaged inside there own garage only to find themseklves uninsured.

Me, I'm in Phoenix so we have 350 severly sunny days a year, this here is top down season in the Valley of the Sun.

Coz

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I bought mine the 8th of November, last year, and drove it daily until I could start alternating with my motorcycle. Most generally doesn't sit for more than three days at a time during summer, but will definitly be driven all winter, again.
FatherLarry said:

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Storage

Coz said:
A little Motorcycle trick, when you let your insurance go for those winter months make sure you don't cancel the whole policy because if not you won't be insured for theft or fire or accidents that may happen inside the garage provided that's where it will be kept. I know too many Harley budies that don't insure during winter months and have had them stolen, or otherwise damaged inside there own garage only to find themseklves uninsured.

Me, I'm in Phoenix so we have 350 severly sunny days a year, this here is top down season in the Valley of the Sun.

Coz

I have to get approval from GMAC before putting it in storage for the winter months. My AAA insurance then decreases to storage for the months dropping the payment down for the months it's put away. I have fire and theft at that point.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
FatherLarry said:
When do you start getting your SSR ready for winter storage? I usually start in November.
I have talked to some of the other texans, and you can store you SSR's in North Texas. We promise to watch out after them and to take them out from time to time to make sure the oil is moved around the parts, and the gas, does not become stagnant. not to mention blowing out that excess carbon build up.

The people in texas, stepped up when it came to taking in evacuees from Louisiana, and we are willing to step up for all those who want to be able to store their SSR's in a healthy condition.

I am sure the rest of the Texans will agree, " When it comes to taking care of people and things, we pull out all the stops." :thumbs :flag

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
California

Why store them??? :lol We can "go visit" the snow - not live in it...

(My brother lives near Grand Rapids - he has a summer only car too - you folks really do have to take big measures to keep vehicles nice!)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,577 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
Why store them??? :lol We can "go visit" the snow - not live in it...

(My brother lives near Grand Rapids - he has a summer only car too - you folks really do have to take big measures to keep vehicles nice!)
:agree with Kwopper89. My :ssr is in the pictures above.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Difference between right and left coasters

QWKSSR said:
:agree with Kwopper89. My :ssr is in the pictures above.
:agree also with QWKSSR AND Kwopper89 :thumbs Red's in the picture too!!

Oh the difference is we have tons of snow but as you can see WE HAVE DRY ROADS :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
I store mine on Dec 31st and take it back out Jan 1st :lol :lol :lol

(It's always good not to drive on amateur night)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts