Chevy SSR Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SSR, Silver with chrome wheels.
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I thought I saw a picture on here that bed cover just had an inner frame with cross braces like some hoods, not a solid inner panel
I agree, I looked at those pictures, and it looks like a hood design. And they used adhesive between the two metal skins. Now I know what I will be dealing with when I can get to the spoiler install.

Street Rod Andy

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
6,345 Posts
@StreetRodAndy I will try to take some pictures of a truck skeleton I have. It has had the quarter panels removed and has the inner structure of the bed exposed. These trucks are a little different than a normal truck with just an inner and outer skin on them. I can't do it till around lunch time so stay tuned. Keep this in mind these things weigh in around 4800 pounds and most of that is body structure. For comparison an S10 single cab is about the same size and weighs in around 3000 pounds. Both have a full frame,

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
6,345 Posts
Here are the pictures of the inner structure with the quarter panel removed. The inner panels are all double panels with a lot of holes. I would imagine the undercoating would get into a lot of the areas if you have the plastic inner fenders out to gain more access but not sure you would get to all the holes and places.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tread

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Here are the pictures of the inner structure with the quarter panel removed. The inner panels are all double panels with a lot of holes. I would imagine the undercoating would get into a lot of the areas if you have the plastic inner fenders out to gain more access but not sure you would get to all the holes and places.
View attachment 612788

View attachment 612789

View attachment 612790
Thank you, now I know for sure that I will get my SSR undercoated (fogged, that is)

Street Rod Andy

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,557 Posts
That is one problem, and the other is our run-away capitalistic society. I have not one doubt that once our country is hooked on electricity for transportation, the execs will just sit back and raise the price as much as they want until they all can have a big rocket-ship party on the moon.

Yes, the Electrics are coming!! I live in Metro Detroit and I hear tons about all electrics. But, I tell my wife that we will have one electric for around town (meaning her car) and one "road car" that runs on gas (that will be mine). But, the real question is where are we going to get all that electric power from? THAT is the real BIG QUESTION, for sure.

Street Rod Andy

61 - 67 of 67 Posts