Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2004 before Thanksgiving . Replaced a coil has a low functioning Cat, haven't even dealt with the top yet. we've had a few snow falls already here in the north east as well as freezing rain. I finally got my door open but the window had not retracted yet. I tried a dry silicone spray on the gaskets didn't work then I sprayed pledge furniture wax on the gaskets , so far seems to be working. Maybe this should be on the Tech forum but just introducing my self. Jeff, race engine Machinist in R.I. PS theres three SSR's in my town.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,224 Posts
old timer, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you are on the BEST FORUM ever! -----Go to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Welcome from the Left Coast of Canada. Great bunch of folks on this forum sharing their knowledge and experience. Adding your experiences only makes the forum stronger!

No snow here, so had the R out yesterday for its daily exercise. Goes from zero to smile as soon as I start the engine

Ken, Vancouver Island

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
WELCOME from one of the SoCal Nuts.

Sounds like you need to index your windows before you do some damage. If you have an owner's manual you will find the instructions in there but for now the simple ting to do is:
Lower each window by holding the down button and continue to hold it for 5-10 seconds after it bottoms.
Raise each window by holding the up button and continue to hold the button for 5-10 seconds after it seats at the top.
Now when you open the door the window will index down a bit to clear the weather strip before the door releases and will goo back up after the door closes.

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
Are you familiar with the fact that the windows go down and up automatically when you open the door about a half inch or so. This is called window indexing. This is so you don't tear up the rubber seals and it seals properly after you close the door. I am not sure but I would think if the widow is trying to force it's way down and then up so you can exit or enter it would damage something. Might want to check with someone else that knows more about this. My baby has become a garage queen on the battery tender so she is warm and toasty in the winter unless we have a nice day. Hope someone more knowledgeable chimes in here for you. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts