Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may be able to answer my own question, but just curious if anyone else has experienced wiper hop with their wipers? Since my 03 only had 700 plus miles on it when I bought in July, I never thought to check out the wipers blades, seems like they have rotted slightly from age. Polished the windshield and the wiper rubber, better but not good enough. I see in the manual that they call for 20" replacements. I know there are some good ones out there, has anyone replaced theirs, and what brand did you purchased? thanks......Tom

·
Registered
64 Posts
before spending money wipe the windshield with denatured alcohol and wipe the blades also. this may get rid of the problem. you can also use ammonia mixed with a little water. Motordoctor

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did it already!!!

I did wipe the windshiels and blades down, it did help somewhat, but one blade was rotted, replaced them tonight, what a PITA to do so!!!! Not happy with the passenger side, even though I got the 19", I still had to trim it. Will look for others tomorrow.
BTW your local Chevy dealer does not seem to have replacement refills, just has the wiper blade with rubber listed, for $39.54 a piece. I imagine that is because the washer mech is attached to the wipers....
Part# if you ever need....88958166 LS 88958162 RS Later Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts