Chevy SSR Forum banner

Wiper motor

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Trygodfirst 
#1 ·
Looking for a wiper motor for an 03. Must be in good shape to install in a customer's vehicle.
Wayne

#6 ·
Hi Dane,

To my knowledge, there are no problems with the wiper motor. I have never seen a failed SSR wiper motor.

All of the wiper and washer signals go through the electronics module that is attached to the bottom of the wiper motor. GM does not recognize it as a separate part for the SSR and therefore calls for replacing the entire assembly (motor and electronics module) in case of an issue. Please note that this part (SSR wiper motor assembly) is no longer available.......

What they (GM documentation) don't realize is that the motor and module are identical to the ones in the Trailblazer/Envoy. After running this down about 18 months ago, I began to carry (on my web site) the electronics module for the bottom of the wiper motor. To date, this module has fixed all of the wiper and washer issues that I have come across.

Regards,

Mike

#9 ·
Hi Mike,

I just experienced an issue with my windshield wipers not turning off on my 05 SSR. Looked at the related fuse behind passenger seat and it is good. If I remove it, of course the wipers do not work at all. When in place, I can;t shut the wipers off and they remain on until I turn my SSR off. I too thought the problem was related the wiper motor. So, my question is where would I purchase a wiper module to have the dealer replace rather than the motor? Thanks! donaldconway@hotmail.com

#13 ·
Gentleman, thank you for Mike's status as well, thank you Dicktator for the advice on the multi-function switch. My SSR is in Germany at the moment and being transported back to Iowa next week. Once it arrives, I want to have this issue taken care of and don't want to have this elongated conversation with the Chevy dealer about ordering the motor, wiper module, and multi-function switch in order to solve the issue. I may be wrong, but my plan is to gain all of your expertise and hopefully be able to purchase the parts on-line somewhere and then take to the dealer to replace. Again, appreciate your support!

#15 ·
I have found that my dealer is thrilled to have a printout of Dictators Power point if I provide the parts and then the labor is less as well because they save time*.

*All dealers may not follow this example.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.