Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one had a scraping noise coming from wipers , this noise is not from blade to glass contact,but sounds like the mechanism hitting the cowl or something else . it seems to doo it after wipers have been on for a few minuits in rainy conditions

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Use Rain-x

I use Rain-x windsheild washer fluid and I rarely turn on my wipers. At 55mph+ the water flies off the windsheild faster than with wipers can move it especially in the heaviest down pours. The only time it doesn't help is in a light mist :seeya

·
Registered
371 Posts
looking4_an_ssr said:
I use Rain-x windsheild washer fluid and I rarely turn on my wipers. At 55mph+ the water flies off the windsheild faster than with wipers can move it especially in the heaviest down pours. The only time it doesn't help is in a light mist :seeya
Ditto Here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
wiper nose

Have an 05, taking in tomorrow for minor factory problems, one is the blades ....seems to be poor quality rubber.....also have a transmission clunk (auto) when going from a slow coasting speed (approx 5 to 10mph) to normal drive...anyone else have this ? The seals around doors, windows and rear lid all leak and will have them fix, carpet is soaking wet.

Thanks;

horseracing

aqua blur 05

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
All those leaks on a new 05? - don't like the sound of that. Some of the early 03s had some problems, but I had hoped that was taken care of.

I have an early 03, and took it through a couple of days of non-stop drenching through Oregon and Washington - not a drop anywhere. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that doesn't change.

Good luck getting yours leakproof - don't let the service manager convince you it's normal.

Ray

·
Registered
131 Posts
horseracing said:
Have an 05, taking in tomorrow for minor factory problems, one is the blades ....seems to be poor quality rubber.....also have a transmission clunk (auto) when going from a slow coasting speed (approx 5 to 10mph) to normal drive...anyone else have this ? The seals around doors, windows and rear lid all leak and will have them fix, carpet is soaking wet.

Thanks;

horseracing

aqua blur 05
The main problem is the micro coating on the windshield that GM has sent a bulletin out on. If your wipers jump across the windshield while wet, it needs to be wet down with glass cleaner and then completely razor blade the entire suface. works miracles. As far as the seals, guess you have now joined the sinking boat party. If you find anyone that knows how to adjust anything rubber on a SSR, then you are the luckiest guy in town. start a new thread with that persons name. There aren't any in Missouri, :banghead :banghead :banghead

fiftiesnut

·
Registered
131 Posts
Flassh said:
All those leaks on a new 05? - don't like the sound of that. Some of the early 03s had some problems, but I had hoped that was taken care of.

I have an early 03, and took it through a couple of days of non-stop drenching through Oregon and Washington - not a drop anywhere. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that doesn't change.

Good luck getting yours leakproof - don't let the service manager convince you it's normal.

Ray
I thought that GM service managers coarse 101 was to convince the SSR owner that "you have the only one that has such a problem " yea sure, I have the only one that leaks, shimmys, rubber seal on window problem, tonu that won't open, seat copvers that are cut wrong around the side airbag,bouncing tires, air bag light on, etc.

fiftiesnut

1 - 7 of 7 Posts