Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the part number for the wiper nozzle that clip onto an 05 SSR? One of the clips broke off. Were these special for the SSR or is a shared part with another chevy?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,150 Posts
I just ordered some universal clip on ones from EBay. They look like they will work. . If they do I’ll post them on here so others can order them.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,975 Posts
There was a design change between '04 and '05. That said, the Assy Line Stock of "old style" was to "use to depletion".... So... you may have an early build '05 with the Old style blades and arms, there are quite a few out there. If you squirter is Oval or Oblong, it's at the wrecking yard....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the quick replies. My tears were not even dry yet. I will try black zip ties and see how it works. @Texasbaehr let me know how you make out.

Thanks all.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,975 Posts
Sorry, I should have said that the difference is whether or not the sprayer attaches to the "Blade" or the "Arm". The square ones that attach to the arm are the '05-'06 "improved style" and adaptable items are readily available. The ones that attach to the "Blade" are really delicate due to being made that way and are almost 16yrs old and we know what happens to plastic that sits out in the sun.... If you can find intact squirters, use heavy double sticky to mount them to the blade and then just change the wiper rubber and leave the blade assy alone. If I have to buy a blase assy, I take the "insert" out of it and throw out the Blade. (Just like the Old Days, eh).....

Reactions: msears

·
Registered
586 Posts
Consider the newer style Wiper Arms.

Part # 15828973 (driver ) and Part # 15828974 (passenger)

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,156 Posts
Cleveland Power & Performance has complete arms on Ebay from time to time, might be worth checking out and updating to newer style arms. I did it on my 04.

·
Premium Member
4,655 Posts
I had the old style on my '05. I switched to the "improved" style.

They are much better and let you switch the blade assembly rather than refill.

The new are still available I think from GM as shown above.

IMO

Dave

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,667 Posts
Consider the newer style Wiper Arms.

Part # 15828973 (driver ) and Part # 15828974 (passenger)

I have an 03ssr
I think my wiper blades are two different lengths
When I look at these links they both show 24 inches. Would that be a problem for mine

·
Registered
586 Posts
The actual Wiper blades are different lengths.
The Driver side is longer then the Passenger side.
If I remember correctly, it may be 20" and 19".
The replacement assembly itself will fit all years.
I changed my '05 when I first got it.
Please double check and make sure that you get the correct Blade sizes.

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,667 Posts
The actual Wiper blades are different lengths.
The Driver side is longer then the Passenger side.
If I remember correctly, it may be 20" and 19".
The replacement assembly itself will fit all years.
I changed my '05 when I first got it.
Please double check and make sure that you get the correct Blade sizes.
You were exactly correct
Thank u

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,331 Posts
I buy Exact Fit blades and cut to size. Just use insert blades on the "pod" washers or you will break them taking them off. Been there, done that!

I keep the "pod" because that was the OEM design for 03/04 and first production of 05.

Dicktator

1 - 16 of 16 Posts