Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
2006 SSR. Windshield wipers won't turn of and they won't change speeds. They are at about a 3 second interval. Possibly a default frequency. I had this happen on a PT Cruiser and I changed the multi switch to fix it. I changed the multi switch on the SSR ($128) and the exact problem remains.

By the way Dicktator, you may want to add to your multi switch "How to" presentation that the torque screw that holds the top cover on can be removed with a 4mm socket if you don't have one of those old torque screw drivers. I was unable to find one. Otherwise the how to was great.

Could it be something in the wiper motor? Anyone else experience this?

Thanks

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,954 Posts
SSR How to Library: WIPER MOTOR or MULTIFUNCTION MODULE

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

Hi Guys,
2006 SSR. Windshield wipers won't turn of and they won't change speeds. They are at about a 3 second interval. Possibly a default frequency. I had this happen on a PT Cruiser and I changed the multi switch to fix it. I changed the multi switch on the SSR ($128) and the exact problem remains.

By the way Dicktator, you may want to add to your multi switch "How to" presentation that the torque screw that holds the top cover on can be removed with a 4mm socket if you don't have one of those old torque screw drivers. I was unable to find one. Otherwise the how to was great.

Thanks

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks
All of the wiper and washer signals pass through the "pulse board" mounted to the bottom of the wiper motor. Dick has produced a fabulous tutorial on how to change the board. If you are having trouble finding one or don't trust your source, I keep the wiper motor "pulse board" in stock. Here's a link: https://shop.simple-engineering.com/product.sc?productId=138&categoryId=21

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got a pulse board from Mike and installed the pulse board per Diktator's instructions, including matching the radial orientation of the plastic wheel pointer. Now the washer works and all positions except the very fast work as they should. When I go to the very fast position the wipers turn off. Any ideas. Any way to check the pulse board?

Unfortunately the truck is in FL and I had to go to CA for a couple of months, so won't be able to address the issue until October.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,054 Posts
I got a pulse board from Mike and installed the pulse board per Diktator's instructions, including matching the radial orientation of the plastic wheel pointer. Now the washer works and all positions except the very fast work as they should. When I go to the very fast position the wipers turn off. Any ideas. Any way to check the pulse board?

Unfortunately the truck is in FL and I had to go to CA for a couple of months, so won't be able to address the issue until October.

Thanks
You must live in Seattle or you wouldn't worry about the very fast setting.
I had Kate 4 years, decided I should try out the wipers and horn - just in case!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Carl some people drive them .................can you imagine lol
That's what the Caddy, Benz, Rolls and Jag are for , the rainy days...:yellow::59:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Apparently you guys have never been in Florida on a summer afternoon for a tropical drenching. I appreciate your humor, but I really need some help here.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,620 Posts
Rick, Silly question--since you got the "pulse board" from Mike, Have you called him to get his thoughts?

Nock

·
Premium Member
3,061 Posts
Apparently you guys have never been in Florida on a summer afternoon for a tropical drenching. I appreciate your humor, but I really need some help here.

Thanks
Rick
I am sorry and was not trying to make light of your problems. I was waiting until you would be reunited with your SSR . I agree with others that have expressed concerns/thoughts that wiper module is not indexed correctly. These can be tricky.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, Thanks. I will check with Mike when I am back in FL and can actually do something with it. It seems like if it was out of alignment some of the other switch positions would be wrong as well.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
"I can only afford slingshot colored mustard"

I have had store bought slingshots and homemade slingshots and I'm clueless as to any of them having a particular (color) and/or how this comment makes any sense at all.

I'm obviously missing the point........what is it.:nerd::nerd:

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts

Thanks
Rick,

Drop me a note when you are getting close to returning to Florida. I can ship you another new wiper pulse board and I can send one of the multi-function switches that I have. The problem you still have could be either one........ If it is the pulse board, I’ll cover it as a warranty and you can send the bad unit and multi-function switch back to me. If the multi-function switch, I’ll charge you $70 for the switch and you can send the unused pulse board back to me.

Mike

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,620 Posts
:hyper: Sooo how good is that!!!

Nick

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,954 Posts
Or Rick13 could go out of his way and contact Dicktator in FLORIDA!

We could check it out, have Multifunction switch in stock. Even have wiper motors.

Dicktator

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Dick,
but I will check the new pulse board first. That one electrical connector on the multi-switch that has a short wire and is recessed into the dash a little is not something I want to deal with again unless I know it is the problem. I changed out the multi switch first, so two new parts and one is bad.

Hope to see you at he Palm Harbor show.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts