Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for now anyway.

Finished painting a vehicle today around 2:00 and while walking up to the house saw the SSR just sitting in the other garage, almost calling me to come start it up.

Well I walked past it and up to the house, looked around and said to myself, where are the keys for the SSR? After a short search I FOUND THEM and suddenly was walkikng back out to the gargae to move the ladder so I could slide in to the drivers seat. OOHHH THIS FEELS GOOD. Key slips into the ignition bells sound, I step on the brake, turn the key, and varrroooom she springs to life. Played with the radio buttons for a bit and let it idle for a while. All gages showing proper levels, and boy oh boy listen to that exhaust, rumble rumble rumble. Stepped back out and let her run for a while to warm up, while I jumped in the other truck (1990 GMC which sits beside it in the gargage) and fired it up also, rrrr rrrr rrrrr varrrooom, it too springs to life after a 4 month stay in hibernation. I allowed them both to run for about 15 minutes then then slipped back in to turn off all systems, and put them back to bed.

Can't wait for the snow and salt to go away now so I can take her out and cruise again.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
And I thought I had bad withdrawal symptoms here in Chicago. I've only got 408 miles on my 06 Black Tie since my November purchase. I've had to get it washed twice. If the garage was heated I would be doing the Zaino thing. Dam I LOVE my SSR. I guess thats why I gave up an eight month old 350Z for it. I watch the weather every night to see if I'll be able to sneek out the Black Tie the next day. If I didn't need my QX 56 for going out west skiing I'd sell it and get a second SSR (an 06 Pacific Blue). Fuzzy you are not alone.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Locked In

I feel so bad for you all that can't, because we're OK out here, everyday.
Top down this morning to work, Top down on the way home this evening.
Oh it is true, living out here, is like a vacation everyday.

·
Registered
395 Posts
FUZZY,
I know exactlly where you are at, as exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday. I walked by it several times before we made eye contact, then it was all over--- in the house I went also for the keys. ! ! ! !:sleep

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Man Fuzzy, You got it bad................I know how you feel.....Can't wait for spring:)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
KySSR said:
Man Fuzzy, You got it bad................I know how you feel.....Can't wait for spring:)
Every day I go out into the garage and rub my hands all over her sexy sleek body... peeking under her cover every now and then and grab her chrome exhaust tips and stroke them softly! :jester

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Marc, I think you may have "it" worse...:willy: Watch out for those tips when she gets all warmed up:)

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,187 Posts
You guys need help.

Therapy might be good.:willy:

Whatever you do, you have to stay away from the temptation.........:nono

Be strong brothers.:banghead

Mikey

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
I Squeeze a few days now and then

I feel for you Yankees:willy: Here in VA I have had quite a few good days, But still to cold for top down:cry

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,828 Posts
poor fuzz

Fuzzy move on down to Canada I had dry roads Jan 1, and had her out … :willy:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ok another one to brag. regardless of what you saw during the Rose Parade, we're expecting 80 degree top down weather here by Thursday!!:)
And it's not Texas!

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
FUZZY said:
for now anyway.

Finished painting a vehicle today around 2:00 and while walking up to the house saw the SSR just sitting in the other garage, almost calling me to come start it up.

Well I walked past it and up to the house, looked around and said to myself, where are the keys for the SSR? After a short search I FOUND THEM and suddenly was walkikng back out to the gargae to move the ladder so I could slide in to the drivers seat. OOHHH THIS FEELS GOOD. Key slips into the ignition bells sound, I step on the brake, turn the key, and varrroooom she springs to life. Played with the radio buttons for a bit and let it idle for a while. All gages showing proper levels, and boy oh boy listen to that exhaust, rumble rumble rumble. Stepped back out and let her run for a while to warm up, while I jumped in the other truck (1990 GMC which sits beside it in the gargage) and fired it up also, rrrr rrrr rrrrr varrrooom, it too springs to life after a 4 month stay in hibernation. I allowed them both to run for about 15 minutes then then slipped back in to turn off all systems, and put them back to bed.

Can't wait for the snow and salt to go away now so I can take her out and cruise again.
Oh I know the feeling well......:agree

C

·
0 Posts
withdrawals

fuzzy, know a little about what you mean, here in ky we have had a little snow stuff in dec, so i burried my u/v buddy for a few weeks, then i started sneaking it out of an evening when the roads were clean, then jan 2 it was nice, so out she came, damn it felt good!!!!!!
circlek

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,187 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Hey, I am going to make you soooo green with envy!!! :) Top down, sunny skies, temps in the 80's :glol
You're such a bad girl. Taunting is not a good thing for the caged ones in the cold country. You gotta keep it quieter.....my WX is great too.

Mikey

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Sexy Novel

Marc NY said:
Every day I go out into the garage and rub my hands all over her sexy sleek body... peeking under her cover every now and then and grab her chrome exhaust tips and stroke them softly! :jester

:eek Marc you do have it BAD.........I was going to say something about my withdrawls but right now I'm speechless:glol :glol :glol Will you please right a Sexy SSR Romantic Novel.....I'll read it!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes, it rained on our parade yesterday.....It rained so hard I found out my SSR leaks (driver side seat belt was wet)

But, of course today, it’s beautiful again out here in CA .......but I did start cleaning out the garage for one of my New Year’s resolutions. It’s time for all the cars to be in the garage again!

Attachments

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
You sure the indexing glass went all the way up? I did read of a TSB somewhere that sometimes the glass on one side or the other sometimes stays down a bit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts