Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
MY05SSR
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was planning on driving my R up to Ohio, meet up with my sister (she has an R) and cruise up to Detroit and cruise Woodward on Thursday - Sunday. Anyone else going to be there?
I moved the list from page 2 and up dated it also
1. 12Pack Aqua Blur
2. Purple Owl Lady Ultra Violet
3. Littlewing Ultra Violet
4. Scott0168 Smokin Asphalt
5. Marty Stars and Stripes
6. 32Revolver Slingshot Yellow
7. HarleyGuy Slingshot Yellow
8. desikk Smokin Asphalt
9. Cool Blue Aqua Blur
10. cincyssr Redline Red
11. run faster Pac Blue
12. soundhd Smokin Asphalt

I'll update as needed

·
MY05SSR
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe it's Aug 12th thru 19th. We was going to leave Alliance Ohio 44601 (close to Canton) on Thursday morning of the 15th and stay until Sunday morning. Our rooms are over in Troy at Hampton Bay. They have events for like two weeks but were going close to end of it. We go every year, but this is first year taking R. Usually go together in normal car to visit our moms grave site in Mt. Clemens

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,123 Posts
I believe it's Aug 12th thru 19th. We was going to leave Alliance Ohio 44601 (close to Canton) on Thursday morning of the 15th and stay until Sunday morning. Our rooms are over in Troy at Hampton Bay. They have events for like two weeks but were going close to end of it. We go every year, but this is first year taking R. Usually go together in normal car to visit our moms grave site in Mt. Clemens
I will make reservations for these dates. This might also give me a chance to go to Mackinac Island, another Bucket List item, while I am in Michigan. Heard about it about 4 years ago and have wanted to go there too.

If the Lord is willing I will be there.

·
MY05SSR
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dream Cruise

We hope to attend this year. We are from SW Lower Michigan. About 1.5 hr drive. Never been before.
It will take us about 11-12 hours to Ohio (were doing it in two days)
then about 4-5 hours from my sisters house
Maybe get more R's up there this year (only seen four last year and we went in family car)
Seems like everybody tends to forget where it all started (a lot of owners still have work duties, unlike us lazy ones)
:cheers:blur:

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
Hotel Information!

Do you want a place to stay? Just a suggestion. In past years we/the SSR Fanatics stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn 30120 Civic Center Blvd. Warren Mi. 48093. Ph. 586-558-8050. Located off Van Dyke Blvd. Its a few miles away from Woodward Ave., but not a bad drive. Very secure and a large parking lot.
To my knowledge, no large number of SSR Fanatics have got together at Woodward in several years! If anyone feels like getting something together (not me) go for it! :grouphug

:black::smile2:

·
MY05SSR
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have already made our reservations at Hampton Inn in Troy, also where Littlewing is staying. That's 3 SSR's from out of state (not Michigan). That's a few more miles, but we cruise from Ferndale to Pontiac. We behave in Royal Oak (they like to give out tickets)

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
We have already made our reservations at Hampton Inn in Troy, also where Littlewing is staying. That's 3 SSR's from out of state (not Michigan). That's a few more miles, but we cruise from Ferndale to Pontiac. We behave in Royal Oak (they like to give out tickets)
Sounds good. Can you post a address and phone number for the Hampton Inn?
Looks liked there are 2 Hampton Inn's located in Troy!

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,123 Posts
Having never been to Michigan, I selected the one located at 100 Wilshire Dr, Troy, MI.

248.247.3200. Scott would this be the best choice?

If that is not the one that others will be using just let me know and I will change.

·
MY05SSR
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Littlewing
My sister/her husband and My wife and me are already booked at
Hampton Inn
100 Wilshire Drive
Troy , Mich
Aug 15,2019 thru Aug 18, 2019 (three nights)
John (12Pack)

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
Having never been to Michigan, I selected the one located at 100 Wilshire Dr, Troy, MI.

248.247.3200. Scott would this be the best choice?

If that is not the one that others will be using just let me know and I will change.
Looks good to me. Maybe someone from the area can comment too. We can both talk it up at Maggie Valley next week to see if anyone there is interested in Woodward this year!

·
MY05SSR
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Desikk
Maybe meet up somewhere (we always like to listen to the bands, across from Ford show cars. We could all enter our SSR's in the parade (I think it's Saturday)
John (12Pack)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts