Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,782 Posts
This is something Hotrodgirl worked so hard on - her legacy I suppose
I hope people support her - love your passion Deb!

·
Premium Member
9,271 Posts
I totally agree. Eight time attendie:grin2:
I was lucky enough to get there in 2007 when the group visited the GM Heritage Collection. I remember following a yellow SSR with my rental HHR. No wait - it was gold. Nope it was silver. No - it was a bronzy plum color.

Oh crap - the damned thing kept changing colors every time it changed directions.>:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have attended almost all the Woodward Ave cruises. Not seen many SSR's. The slow traffic & stops at traffic lights is hard on SSR. Need to find a tuner program or a knowledgeable GM mechanic to reprogram cooling fans to keep air moving. I used the GM bypass for Traction control & Diablo Preditor tuner. After my first year with my SSR in 2010. I found many problems in the electrical & cooling system. Relays & connection to fan were? Inoperable is a easy word. Plus if your SSR has not been flush & new Anti freeze coolant changed? Do it before cruising. I flushed mine & a white milky substance came out of drain during flush. Then add GM recommended Coolant. Remember to bleed all air out of system. Have to open or remove the hose from TPS. Under the air intake hose. That will remove some air. I then squeezed upper radiator hose with cap off coolant tank & coolant in tank to prevent sucking in air. Wear gloves if engine is hot. The amount of air bubbles will reduce with each squeeze. Air will cause over heating & block flow. Just some helpful hints to enjoy the Cruise as a participant not a spectator.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,970 Posts
I have attended almost all the Woodward Ave cruises. Not seen many SSR's. The slow traffic & stops at traffic lights is hard on SSR. Need to find a tuner program or a knowledgeable GM mechanic to reprogram cooling fans to keep air moving. I used the GM bypass for Traction control & Diablo Preditor tuner. After my first year with my SSR in 2010. I found many problems in the electrical & cooling system. Relays & connection to fan were? Inoperable is a easy word. Plus if your SSR has not been flush & new Anti freeze coolant changed? Do it before cruising. I flushed mine & a white milky substance came out of drain during flush. Then add GM recommended Coolant. Remember to bleed all air out of system. Have to open or remove the hose from TPS. Under the air intake hose. That will remove some air. I then squeezed upper radiator hose with cap off coolant tank & coolant in tank to prevent sucking in air. Wear gloves if engine is hot. The amount of air bubbles will reduce with each squeeze. Air will cause over heating & block flow. Just some helpful hints to enjoy the Cruise as a participant not a spectator.
lots of knowledgeable people on here in the subjects you are looking for. Mike In AZ (simple-engineering.com) is very knowledgeable in cooling and Jeremy Formoto (Faster Proms) is a good tuner who sometimes gets near your area

I am here today in Ferndale. Cruising after lunch.
Nice to see you back visiting the site. I remember meeting you at the dinner before the cruise a few years ago.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Anyone want to write a book about the travels of us SSR owners the past 15 years?
That is actually an idea I've been
rolling around in my head...
I like being a 'librarian' or a
documentation expert.
(Maybe someday I can follow
in Cash's footsteps...)

But if I did write a storybook like that,
how many people would really want
to go out of their way to buy it?

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't seem much about this cruise this year. Did any Fanatics attend and if so are there any pictures?
We use to have a SSR rally at the Woodward Cruise from 2004 until a few years ago. I guess we had had trouble getting Fanatics wanting to repeat every year!:frown2:
Also a handful of us owner were invited by invitation only to a special coming out party put on by GM.

:black::smile2:

·
MY05SSR
540 Posts
Woodward Dream Cruise

Was there!!
Seen a few SSR's but not a lot. If anyone goes to this next year, I would like to meet up. I didn't get mine back together in time take it but still went up in family car.
John

1 - 18 of 18 Posts