Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drumroll please. And the invitations go to....

Bill Rea
Tom Gunkel
Ken & Diane Segel
Marc Carpenter
Scott Hanisch
Doug Evans
Pauline & Jim McCallum

And if the SSR team gets mailing addresses and details in time,

Scott Stanley [email protected]
Ron ????? [email protected]

The SSR team sent e-mails to Scott and Ron requesting mailing information.

:cheers

Unfortunately they were limited on the number of SSRfanatics that they could invite. I'm sure they had a hard time choosing. If you didn't make it this year maybe we'll be lucky enough to get this chance again next year!

·
Administrator
8,221 Posts
A BIG Thank You!~

I would like to give a big thank you to Chevrolet SSR Team and a special thanks to Troy Roberts for all his time, efforts and assistance in making this available to all of us here at SSRFanatic.com

Ps Yes, I will definitely take lots of photos to share... and if I am able to take while I am tooling around in the SSR... I will do that also... :rolleyes:

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Congrats...

PLEASE post LOTS of photos of this event!!!

With the SSR being the pace vehicle for the IRL this year - It would be way too cool if Chevrolet would set something similar up when the IRL comes to the California Speedway on October 3rd...

Perhaps this could be mentioned at the WDC to the Chevy folks??? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thank you

1. thanks for your efforts Troy :thumbs
2. Who else is from out of town, and when do you all plan on arriving at the event?

Tom
:yesnod

·
Administrator
8,221 Posts
Lets plan to meet up!

SSRcobra said:
1. thanks for your efforts Troy :thumbs
2. Who else is from out of town, and when do you all plan get to the event?

Yes SSRcobra,

We will be coming in from the Western, NY area (5 to 7 hour drive). I am looking forward to arrive in Detroit area late Thursday afternoon or perhaps early Friday afternoon. Has anyone in our group who has been selected receive their informational packets yet? When you do could you let the others know you have ok? Once we get our info we all can try coordinating our schedules.

Now, for those of us that are coming in from out of town, we could also try to stay at the same hotel or perhaps hotels near by one another?

Ps. I was also thinking that we can still meet up with some of the other SSR members that hadn't been selected who will still be coming to the Woodward cruise? I think it would be a great opportunity to meet other SSR owners too!
:party
Please email or respond with any other questions, thoughts or ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Also one of the lucky ones

To SSRcobra & MarkNY

I'm planning on leaving early Fri morning. I figure about and 8 1/2 hour drive.
Haven't received any info yet. Chevy is supposed give us a list of hotels to stay at. It would be great to have all of us stay at the same one.
SSRcobra, you are coming from Allentown and I will be leaving from Lancaster, PA. What are your travels plans?
Also thanks go out to Troy for helping make this all possible. :thumbs :thumbs

·
Registered
218 Posts
Plans

My SSR just got a custom paint put on it. My painter has been has been a fanatic on trailering it and not driving the SSR out to Detroit (this really stinks because I really didn’t want a trailer car). :nono :nono

Anyway I am leaving Allentown early Thursday morning and expect to be in Detroit that evening :yawn I am staying at Hawthorn Suites in Southfield. The first thing I am doing is dumping the trailer and getting out my ride :thumbs

The only reason I made my reservation is that the Nascar race is also in town that weekend and I thought everything might start booking up. I am willing to change if we all find different or better hotel thru the list supplied with the invitations.

Just my thoughts
Tom
Email direct

R

·
0 Posts
My invitation arrived this am. A 4hour + event starting at 4:pm Friday. I am at a Marriott Courtyard 8 miles away. I will be arriving before noon on friday as only 2-1/2 hours away. Where are you others staying? I toured the plant prior to release of the SSR and was first person to have their SSR back to plant for minor adjustments so this invitation only makes the SSR owning experience that much more special!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Woodward Dream Cruise

We received our invitation yesterday! This will be our 4th time at the cruise but the first time with the truck. (Our big block Corvette used to overheat in the traffic on Woodward... and so does the SSR. Isn't that what 'nastalgia' is all about?) We're driving in fron NJ on Monday. Since my parents live out in Canton, we'll be staying out towards Ann Arbor. My dad is 88 and has already ordered an SSR shirt on e-Bay. Since it's my wife's truck, I may be the one 'left out'. (I'll ride in the bed if I have to!)

As a kid in the mid '60's we used to cruise Woodward between 8 and 12 Mile Road almost nightly, saving the area north for serious street racing. It really brings back memories.... Instead of slicks in the trunk, all I will be carrying is a case of Motown and other oldies CD's.

See ya' all at the Coney Island. We'll be drivin' red vin number 286.

Safe trip everybody,

Diane & Ken Segel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Plans for the Dream Cruise

We are coming over from Canada, London about 3 hours away, and planned to arrive on Friday early afternoon.

We have not yet received our invitation by snail mail but did get an e-mail from GM Marketing asking for our postal address.

We were waiting for the information on where to stay but sure did forget all about the NASCAR race. Maybe I should start looking now?

I have not experienced any problems with the SSR heating up at all. The first of August we took it to Quebec, and not a problem at all.

R

·
0 Posts
Hello- I suggest you search now for motels. With 1 million + people expected (per Autoweek) rooms should be hard to find. Of the 3 hotels GM suggests, 2 were sold out and other was $300+ a night. I am at Marriott Courtyard in Warren on Van Dyke for $69 night and made res. a few weeks ago. Hope to see you there! Scott- Yellow 03.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am staying at Hawthorn Suites in Southfield.
The other hotels list from the GM invitation are:
The Townsend Hotel
248-642-7900

Holiday Express
248-646-7300

Embassy Suites
248-879-7500

then it said for additional hotels check hotels.com

Well I got my ride back from the painter and it is awesome (it still is gonna rot trailering out there) :cuss

Can't wait to meet all you other SSR fanatics :)

·
Premium Member
6,321 Posts
Woodward Dream Cruise

On Realprowlerfan advice, I justed booked a room on line at the Marriott Courtyard in Warren,Mich. Local phone # 1-586-751-5777.

Scott 0168 :party

·
Administrator
8,221 Posts
Scott 0168 said:
On Realprowlerfan advice, I justed booked a room on line at the Marriott Courtyard in Warren,Mich. Local phone # 1-586-751-5777.

Scott 0168 :party
Thanks Scott,

I just booked there also. :) Marriott Courtyard in Warren. I should be getting there on Thursday. Hope to catch up with you guys. There is extra parking in the back if anyone is trailering too.

Marriott: $ 69.00 + tax x (3 nite stay)

I called:

Hawthorn Suites in Southfield: $406.00 per night
Holiday Express: SOLD OUT a year ago!
Embassy Suites: $112.00 per night

·
Registered
20 Posts
Marriott Courtyard in Warren

We should get a group discount rate.
Thanks for the tips I did register. We should be there some time on Friday afternoon.

I guess this is about 8-10 miles from Birmingham.

I still have not received the package yet. Mail in Canada is really slow.

R

·
0 Posts
F.Y.I. I have stayed at the Warren Marriott Courtyard many times and it is right across from GM on Van Dyke, so who knows, may be some goings on there too and with 4 or 5 of us across the street from GM with our SSR's we may get some GM Exec. attention? LOL Just a couple minutes north of 696 on the east side of the road and it is set back a ways so look for sign. I made my reservation a few weeks ago as I was planning on going to Dream Cruise anyway so glad you others are getting the $69 rate too! See you there and lets plan on leaving 2 ish to arrive by 2:30 + as the invite requests. A convoy of SSR's COOOOL! For those from out of town, the Lansing assembly plant is another 1-1/4, 1-1/2 hours straight west if you want to take the ride to view the birth place of your truck.

·
Administrator
8,221 Posts
Tech Center Near by

Yep, GM's Tech Center is right there... so you never know... perhaps some GM people might be reading this thread and will be looking out for us... :thumbs

I am wondering if there will be any other SSR owners that might want to stay there also?

Ps. The $69.00 rate is about as cheap as it gets for a nice hotel and on the same weekend as the Woodward Dream cruise. ;)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Marc,
I just moved my reservations to the Courtyard.

See you all in MI :)

Tom

1 - 20 of 41 Posts