Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
:whistling:

Hopefully, David (the Warrior) does not peruse this post. He would not like your commentary regarding the California Duster......:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am beginning to understand..........

I have often wondered why more members do not participate and post information on the forum, now I am beginning to understand why.

Jack

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,426 Posts
-----Hopefully, David (the Warrior) does not peruse this post. He would not like your commentary regarding the California Duster......:rolleyes:
===================================================

No worries, 'Scooter. No upset here because I fully realize that not everyone can be an "expert" on the nuances and tecniques of proper use of the California Duster!!! - :surprise:

■□■□ 2019-01-11-10-01-22--1693073033.jpeg ■□■□​

:glol

================
David :black:
images-11.jpeg - Uhhh yep. Goober kin fix it. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2006 Redline FPR 6 Speed
1,014 Posts
Like my CD, but vacuum it after each use. Have Ceramic PRO paint protection and no issues. Paint Protection really brings out the color regardless of the color. Of course it will not protect from rock chips. Only film protection will do that. Had all "front facing" areas covered with XPEL and it is awesome stuff. Avoided serious damage in September when a 3-pronged object hit the right side A-pillar plastic. Gouged the film in 2 spots but didn't get to the plastic. Would have seriously damaged it without the film. 3rd point of the hit went thru the paint into the metal. Quite a hit! Back to the paint protection, folks that see my redline often remark how "red" and shiny it is. Bill

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Blow dry your truck?? That would be like blow drying my bald head!! :laugh:

I truly appreciate the attention to detail some of you guys have. I love looking at the work and respect the $$ that go into it. You guys are awesome.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
While we're on the subject of real shiny trucks. Since I bought the TOY and it was neglected before I bought it. I have had a professional detailed. He said he couldn't get all the swirl marks out because of the GM paint and clear coat is harder than most. It shines good but you can still see some swirl marks. Any thoughts on this.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
-------Any thoughts on this.

Why YES, Bob. Thanks for askin'. I do have a thought.........

View attachment 539907 = View attachment 539907 = View attachment 539907

/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png

=================
David

View attachment 539909 - ""Glad to be of assistance whenever I can!!""
Thanks Dave for your input, but unless that is a magic duster(but then in the movie My Cousin Vinny, the cook had magic grits).that's not going to get the swirls out. Go ahead and prove me wrong. See you

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,840 Posts
While we're on the subject of real shiny trucks. Since I bought the TOY and it was neglected before I bought it. I have had a professional detailed. He said he couldn't get all the swirl marks out because of the GM paint and clear coat is harder than most. It shines good but you can still see some swirl marks. Any thoughts on this.
Have you heard of and/or ever tried JaxWax Swirl Remover?

I've seen it demonstrated at a few Car Shows and the results look great, especially on black and other dark colors.

By the way . . . over the years, Professional Detailers and other "vehicle finish experts" have always alerted me of the negatives directly related to the California Duster.

! :surprise: ! :nodno ! :surprise: ! :nodno ! :surprise: !

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,426 Posts
[/B][/COLOR]By the way . . . over the years Professional Detailers and other "vehicle finish experts" have always alerted me of the negatives directly related to the California Duster. [/B][/COLOR]

OMG!!!! :surprise:

I can't believe it.......Even that PIG DOOPHUS is against me now!!! >:)

>>>||>>> images.jpeg <<<||<<<
((Bad Pig...Bad, bad!!))

===============
images-15.jpeg - ""That can't be right....can it Paw?""

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
[/B][/COLOR]By the way . . . over the years Professional Detailers and other "vehicle finish experts" have always alerted me of the negatives directly related to the California Duster. [/B][/COLOR]

OMG!!!! :surprise:

I can't believe it.......Even that PIG DOOPHUS is against me now!!! >:)

>>>||>>> View attachment 539915 <<<||<<<
((Bad Pig...Bad, bad!!))

===============
View attachment 539917 - ""That can't be right....can it Paw?""
Yup - happened to me also a couple years ago. I had just done a complete spring polish job with multi layers of Zaino, and the truck glowed under LED lights.

The following weekend, we were forced to navigate a short stretch of dusty gravel to get to the show area. I gently used the California duster to get rid of some dust on the truck. When I got back home that night and rechecked the truck under those same powerful LED lights, and the scratches were back.

I parked the Duster, and in fact have a new one still in its plastic wrap that I will probably give away, or use on the crewcab.

The new process is to live with the dust at the show, and power wash the dust off when | get home. I still use an Absorber chamois to dry the truck, and haven't found a problem with so far, but I'm considering getting a high powered leaf blower to handle most of the drying.

So.............NO!!!! a California Duster is as useful for removing swirl marks as 600 grit sandpaper.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,426 Posts
""Gloom, Dispair, Excessive Mis-ery"" :crying:

You guys are brutal; ganging up on me & my Duster like that!! >:)

<[][][] images-19.jpeg [][][]>
((I love me some Duster!))

:wink2: :grin2:

===============
images-24.jpeg - Now how can you argue with that?!?!!?!

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I have often wondered why more members do not participate and post information on the forum, now I am beginning to understand why.

Jack
Well I see that the same "Noise makers" have done it again, driven another member off! Remember it's said an empty barrel makes the most noise.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Back in the 60's

Back in the 60s ( I think ) GM offered a "Porcelain Glaze" application over the OEM paint. I never actually saw a car before and after this process was done but I do remember it being available back then. As for the "Duster" I have uses it for "LIGHT DUTY" dust removal, NOT post driving dust removal BUT now use my disposable "swifter" duster for light duty dust removal. Just my $0.02

"Long may we ALL SHINE DUST FREE":grin2:

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,733 Posts
I have used a duster on my cars for years I wash the dusters on a regular basis and they work much better after you get all the wax out of them. The one I use on the SSR is a micro fiber type that has no wax from the start and is white so you can see when it gets dirty.(I bought it from Jax Wax)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts