Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to have/willing to sell the driver side end piece of the cargo bar? That piece makes the connection to the side rail. Thanks.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,296 Posts
Are you looking for the entire end section or the nut that slides in the end rail that the cargo bar tightens up to?

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for asking and sorry for not being as specific as I should have. I need the end black plastic piece that holds the threaded stud that connects the cargo rail to the bed rail. At the other end of the needed piece is a plastic stud that inserts into the bed rail and then the whole bar is turned 90 degrees so the threaded stud can screw into a sliding nut in the bed rail. The piece I'm looking for is separated from the bar by removing a single sheet metal screw. The plastic piece that goes into the bed rail is missing on the one that came with my vehicle.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,296 Posts
Thanks now I know what you need and yes it is the entire end piece you are looking for. I can't help on that. If it was just the threaded slide nut I made my own for mine because they were missing. I used a piece of 1" aluminum stock and cut it down to the right size then drilled and tapped it. If that was what you needed I could make that for you. But your needs are bigger, sorry. Maybe someone else has a bar for parts. You might want to check with Mike of Simple Engineering.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick response. I've got a repair in mind that should work if no one is unfortunate enough to have a broken cargo bar they are parting out.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Admins,

You can close this thread. The new rail attachment piece formed from part of a tailpipe hanger works just fine.

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Mitmidnite, how about starting a thread in the Tech Discussion section about how you fixed this problem. Pictures would be a big help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts