1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,234 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
:grin2:

I have the custom leather cover that you will need (top down) once you get that knob chromed.

Just sayin'....:wink2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,054 Posts
I DON'T need the boot, just the CHROME SHIFT KNOB. Let me know price and shipping cost.
Might want to think about going custom. That is what I did. Just an idea. Good hunting.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,316 Posts
Saw only one for $230. Didn't want the trans to go with it. I'll have mine chromed this winter.
:grin2:

I have the custom leather cover that you will need (top down) once you get that knob chromed.

Just sayin'....:wink2:
Cost from GM on a chrome knob (if they have one available) was stupid. I had mine re-chromed last winter, then painted the shift pattern black, and the R in red. Looks great.

I've never had a problem with it feeling too hot, even after being parked top down on sunny days - at least not to where I noticed.

Also had folks say they couldn't stand having chrome inside because of the glare. Never noticed that in 12 years.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,395 Posts
I had not noticed the glare in my :blue: until I got a :blue: that had a satin interior. It is nice for a change but will not change the first one!:smile2:

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
"'ve never had a problem with it feeling too hot, even after being parked top down on sunny days - at least not to where I noticed."

Well, it appears your from waaaay up North and while the sun shines there too, not so sure it (bakes) things as badly as it can and will around this part of the country. It's been in the mid 90s here for about a week. I've had similar times with my Chevy Avalanche with tinted glass, and the sun roof (not open nor exposed either) and the steering wheel (black leather) was so hot you had to keep switching hands to steer.

I played golf yesterday in low 90s full sun and coming back to the cart after a shot and planting my azz in the seat, it was damn hot for sure.

Around here, (top down) in those conditions on a bright sunny day and you would be looking for a an old sock or wear a glove or whatever so as to not handle the shift knob (chromed) on a six speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts