Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This part is the silver piece that splits the headlights and holds the front bow tie emblem. Mine cracked after hitting a pothole. I know these are hard to find but if anyone has a good used one for sale, just let me know. Black: 2004:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,323 Posts
@GGO, Good luck on your search--meantime---Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Pinmap Available

Nick & Kathy

·
SSR Believer
3,491 Posts
Spoke to Miles. They are out of stock, unfortunatly!
They are hard to find but they do show up periodically.

Per @rockytop, depending on the damage they can often be repaired. Is the spear itself actually broken (visible on the outside) or is it one or more of the tabs that hold it in place? Tabs can be repaired.

Not sure if yours is satin or chrome, but some folks have had them wrapped with "chrome" so even if the damage is visible that might be an option for the one you have as well.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NOTE TO ALL: INSURE YOUR "SPEAR" WITH LLOYD'S OF LONDON! THESE THINGS ARE SIMPLY UNAVAILABLE UNLESS A BOLT OF LIGHTNING STRIKES! IN SALVAGE SITUATIONS, GUESS WHERE THE MOST DAMAGE IS?? DING ! DING! THE FRONT END!! <SIGH> IF ANYONE GETS A BEAD ON ONE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! THANKS!!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Were I you, I would do everything "tryable" to repair the spear, unless it's broken into bits and/or pieces lost. Cracks, mounting tabs, all that can be repaired with some epoxy, shade-tree engineering, and patience. After repair, matching the silver shouldn't be too tough, or paint it your R's body color. You're right, this particular part is definitely heading into "hen's teeth" territory..............................Mike

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
6,578 Posts
They are hard to find but they do show up periodically.

Per @rockytop, depending on the damage they can often be repaired. Is the spear itself actually broken (visible on the outside) or is it one or more of the tabs that hold it in place? Tabs can be repaired.

Not sure if yours is satin or chrome, but some folks have had them wrapped with "chrome" so even if the damage is visible that might be an option for the one you have as well.
I tried repairing one and had no luck with it. With the curve they have to them, it is almost like it is under tension. I even made a jig to hold it in place while I glued it up. I left it dry for 2 days and then took it out of the jig. It lasted all of a day and then popped back apart. I had to clamp it up and have pressure in 2 directions to make it fit back together. Maybe it needed to be plastic welded instead of glued together. I kept it and may see if the body shop can plastic weld it.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
1,192 Posts
NOTE TO ALL: INSURE YOUR "SPEAR" WITH LLOYD'S OF LONDON! THESE THINGS ARE SIMPLY UNAVAILABLE UNLESS A BOLT OF LIGHTNING STRIKES! IN SALVAGE SITUATIONS, GUESS WHERE THE MOST DAMAGE IS?? DING ! DING! THE FRONT END!! <SIGH> IF ANYONE GETS A BEAD ON ONE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! THANKS!!
Look at post #13.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts