Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for either a different oil dipstick or a piece that can be added to the current one such that the handle is then raised to least even with the hoses above it. This must be an old issue that has already found a solution. Tks.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Mitmidnite ... are you trying to tell us the Dipstick is a little hard to get to ??? :smile2: Actually I find it more difficult to get the "stick" back in the tube that you can't even see. :frown2:

You know I think these engineers design something like this then go have a few beers and set around and laugh about how funny it is for the buyer to remove and replace the Dipstick (when they're, the engineers, are actually the Dipsticks for creating such a design) Always loved Chevy's 409 cause the Dipstick was located in plain site at the front of the engine on the passenger side ... very convenient for the gearhead or the shade tree mechanic to get to.

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
2,422 Posts
I got mine from Floyd maybe mike in az has some from Floyd stock.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,065 Posts
Yes..... I have two different length extensions. One is about 2" and the other about 3.5". The longer one is approximately 5.5" overall length. They are $55 each, plus $5 shipping.

You can send PayPal to [email protected] using the "friends and family" option...

Regards,

Mike

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts