Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is.

I received a post card from a Survey Co. about a topic I am interested in. I am asked to go to a Web site that starts with WW3 instead of WWW.

Does anyone know if WW3 is legit??

:puzzled:

Mike Bell

·
Clutch Killer
6,802 Posts

My son says it's fine... ww3 is just a different domain. He said that the .de means it's German and he also said we are old! lol! He said you don't have to type the ww... part anymore anyway! :glol:glol:glol

·
Premium Member
30,734 Posts

My son says it's fine... ww3 is just a different domain. He said that the .de means it's German and he also said we are old! lol! He said you don't have to type the ww... part anymore anyway! :glol:glol:glol

Never had to have it in the first place. It's all just part of what's called the "Fully Qualified Domain Name" or FQDN. Yeah... I'm a techie. I could set up a web site called "a2w09824t.aso9824tr.com" and it's completely legit. The "www" part was just a common nomenclature to help people recognize it as a "World Wide Web" site back in the days before Al Gore invented the internet. :rolleyes:

Since nobody now separates the internet from the web (and they are not one and the same), the necessity of using "www" in the URL has ceased to exist.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts