Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently found out about an unbelievable rear license plate frame from the forum. Ordered mine and received it this weekend. It is worth every penny. Gene has given us free shipping and I assure you it is no ordinary plate frame. Gene has engineered the frame so that the circles on the frame match great with the rear exhaust and taillights. My ONLY complaint about the SSR is the area around the license plate is fairly cheap. This frame REALLY adds alot to the back end of your ssr. He has missed No details. The spacers which bring your license plate up against the frame are even chromed. You can order the plate as I did with the mkb logo removed. I am really happy with mine. Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Photos

I went to the website and didn't see any photos....only a spelling error (MKB Machine is where old-time craftsmanship meets modern word technology. )

Maybe you could post some pictures..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try www.mkbcustoms.com

Select tab "options". Double click on silver ssr for close up view. Looks better in person and looks fabulous on Smokin Asphalt!

·
Registered
14 Posts
www.mkbcustoms.com

Sorry, about the confusion, and the typo.

What you’re looking for is MKB Customs; our parent company is MKB Machine. Take a look at www.mkbcustoms.com and click on the catalog link. If anyone has pictures of their SSR with the frame, we’d love to showcase it on the web site, you can PM your photos and I'll stick them in our gallery. We've sold a few to you guys at the forum, and if you order, be sure to make a note during the order, and I'll reimburse you for the shipping.

You can also look at the pictures I've posted to the gallery in the forum, I have a couple different pics.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I saw them!!! Very, very nice. Alas, I have to cut back on the $$$$$ for a bit, but when I can, I plan on getting one. Cool idea....Ed:) Honey, did you hear my wish list? I want a supressr wind break and a rear plate frame? Pleassseeee........:-( :seeya

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Be real nice and beg and do all your HONEY DO'S and it may come true.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you want, We can write on the Recipt something like,

Fertilizer and Lawn Mower Parts :)

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
I received my license plate frame yesterday, and mounted it today.

It came beautifully packaged with LOTS of measures taken to ensure that it got delivered absolutely defect-free. It has good instructions included. The parts themselves are very nicely designed, very nicely executed, and beautifully finished.

It's a quality production in every way. Nice work!

Here is what it looks like.
(Sorry for the awful appearance of my Smokin' Asphalt SSR. The pollen count has been close to 3000 (!!) in Atlanta, and periodic showers every day have streaked the pollen deposits into a real mess)

Jim G

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
I think I might have one of the first ones you offered!! I love it!! Looks great and I'm sure it will last forever. It was worth every penny!! Looks fantastic on my Aqua Blur!! Keep up the good work guys. JimO :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs

Check out the pictures in my gallery!!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Maybe I am just picky, but I noticed in the photo that you can just barely see the horizontal line of the rectangular light across the bottom of the circles. Is that a good fit or am I just seeing things? I really was interested in that bracket but not if the fit is going to show some of the vertical original light at the bottom. :confused

·
Registered
14 Posts
Actually I think what you are seeing is a reflection through the lens to the back of the actual light fixture. It's the light and the angle of the photo thats thowing it off. We custom designed these for fit and form so that it would be as close to perfect as we could get it.

Like we've told everybody who's bought one, put it on your car and if you don't like it, send it back we'll be happy to refund your money.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,832 Posts
mix n match

I like the oval one for vetts, it has a little more flavour. But then I'm a rebel, I don't need to put round with round and oval with oval. Hell factory had rectangle with round.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can You Get It In Colors ?

I'd Like To See About Getting One In Smokin Asphalt To Match My Ssr.
Can You Get Them In Ssr Body Colors ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
colors

TX_TUXEDO said:
I'd Like To See About Getting One In Smokin Asphalt To Match My Ssr.
Can You Get Them In Ssr Body Colors ?
We don't have them in colors right now, but I offered in a past thread that if anyone is interested, I'll offer them to folks at Fanatic ready for paint/powdercoat whatever for $109.00. It'll be the raw alluminum the same way we ship them off to chrome plate.

This way if you want to experiment yourself of have it done by a pro or someone good with an airbrush.

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Black chrome?

M K B Customs - Can your chrome shop do Black chrome? would look great on my black SSr. Thanks, Ross :flag

·
Registered
14 Posts
You I don't know off the top of my head, I'll give them a call on Monday and find out for you.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Gosh, if I had known that black chrome was an option, THAT's what I would have ordered! (MY SSR is also black)

Jim G

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, I spoke to my Chrome shop and they don't offer black chrome yet, but plan to in the future. Once they do, I'll let you guys know.

In the meantime, if your interested, we can get you an unfinished one for $109 if you have someone you know that'll do it, or if you wanted to have it painted to match.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts