Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a flyer in the mail from stamps.com. They have a new thing that I was thinking about doing. Even tho' we don't do a lot of mailing - online bill pay took care of most of it - wouldn't it be cool to have our own personal stamp? The price is the only hold back that I see.

Here is what I am thinking about making.



Diggs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
It just so happens that I am the manager in the Postal Service that helped design and approve this very concept. It is very cool and there are 3 vendors currently selling custom postage, Stamps.com, Endicia.com and Zazzle.com. I would be interested to get members opinions on the concept.

On a related note, if someone would take the plunge and design a SSR Fanatic logo / icon design, we might be able to get a better price for a order.

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Beware the Stamps.com

Diggs said:
I got a flyer in the mail from stamps.com. They have a new thing that I was thinking about doing. Even tho' we don't do a lot of mailing - online bill pay took care of most of it - wouldn't it be cool to have our own personal stamp? The price is the only hold back that I see.

Here is what I am thinking about making.



Diggs
I can tell you from experience that it is fairly expensive... about $16/mo on a credit card just to have the privledge of printing your own stamps... in a year, that amounts to almost $200.... other than that, it is a cool offering. I just could now justify the added cost and then you pay for all the postage at regular rates as well. :nodno
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
cost

There is no monthly fee that I can see from any of the 3 sites, only the cost per sheet of 20 stamps. The cost for 20 runs about 84 cents each rather than the typical 37 cents. Still a great idea for special events such as new baby announcements and marriages, etc.

Wally
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
wallygator said:
There is no monthly fee that I can see from any of the 3 sites, only the cost per sheet of 20 stamps. The cost for 20 runs about 84 cents each rather than the typical 37 cents. Still a great idea for special events such as new baby announcements and marriages, etc.

Wally
I initially did not see a monthly charge, but after I joined up, it showed up on my credit card as you have to have a credit card registered with them to purchase the postage. Maybe this was a "special deal" as the stamps were charged at US Postal rates unless you wanted to purchase the special stamp blanks to print the stamps on. Maybe since you are paying a premium for each stamp, there is on monthly charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
All the providers do offer a monthly service for printing postage, but you do not need to subscribe to that service to buy the PhotoStamps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
Ha! Vanity Stamps.

But the cost is wrong. Consider that USPS stamp cost includes production.

Now I'll be the first to admit that there is a difference in the amount of handling that go's into producing such stamps, but, 20 stamps is about the size of a 5x7 print and 5x7's a the local instant photo kiosk don't cost 7+ dollars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
cost!

Everyones out to make a buck. The Post Office only gets the 37 cents and no more. The companies that you deal with get the rest. Until you can print your own in detail like those, then you will have to deal with them if you want something different.

Wally
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
487 Posts
wallygator said:
Everyones out to make a buck. The Post Office only gets the 37 cents and no more. The companies that you deal with get the rest. Until you can print your own in detail like those, then you will have to deal with them if you want something different.

Wally

Darn Printers....always trying to make a buck :D

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
I'm not against people making a buck, it's just that the premium on this stamp thing is out of sight. The post office could sell prepaid blank stamp sheets that would allow savy computer users to print what they desire.

Err... on second thought stamps printed with what some desire... well there are some bugs to work out of that idea. :smash
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top