Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone - I just found an interesting eBay auction. I know there are a few threads about this issue but I figured it might be easier to just post a new thread for everyone to see. The eBay auction number 7945870022. It's for an XM Direct GM ready unit that plugs into the back of our SSR's radio units. For $299.00 which includes shipping, they say they have 50 units available. It seems that this is the best way to go for adding XM to our radios. I've seen where others have paid more for this unit. Of course installation would be needed. I thought I'd let everyone know about this auction, it might help. I'm not connected to these people in any way, as a matter of fact I'm very close to ordering one myself. :cheers
JimO

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Where

Where are you going to put the antenna?

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
it will connect to the back of the BOSE unit, but you have to mount the antenna pod outside. Where on the SSR has been a big challenge, just wondering if you have it worked out.

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm not familiar with the 03 but the listing says you can call if there are any questions. I've got to believe it would work but they'd know for sure. As for the ant. the other threads have people putting it on the dash out where the dash meets the windshield on the inside and others have put it top center on the outside windshield glass. I would think the outside mount, even though probably a little more difficult to install would be better for reception. I think there are some pictures on the other threads. I'm planning on doing the outside mount for my 05. JimO :yesnod

·
Registered
413 Posts
I put a roady2 in mine with antenna in r defrost duct Works great

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Money well spent

Sharing ideas like this make joining the forum worth every dime! :cheers

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Will work in a 2003 had it installed last week. About 4 hours of work. Hardest part is getting the air bag out on passenger side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts