Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
I had the XM antenna velcroed on the dash of my SSR and worked fine. I also have dash mounted antennas for my Delphi XM on other cars of mine as the magnetic antennas seem to scratch. LOVE MY XM!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just ordered a XM box from Gold Coast that is made by GM for 349.00 delivered. It includes the antenna. For those who want XM call 1-800-669-3540 and ask for Jay. He is the owner.
Neal :) :)

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
realprowlerfan said:
I had the XM antenna velcroed on the dash of my SSR and worked fine. I also have dash mounted antennas for my Delphi XM on other cars of mine as the magnetic antennas seem to scratch. LOVE MY XM!!!
Prowler,

Are you using a Roady 2 that has the built in FM modulator?

If not, how did you get the signal to the radio?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Buffy said:
Prowler,

Are you using a Roady 2 that has the built in FM modulator?

If not, how did you get the signal to the radio?
No it is box that plugs in your current GM radio and you control it with your radio controls. Everthing is under the dash and out of sight.
Neal

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Neal Bardens said:
No it is box that plugs in your current GM radio and you control it with your radio controls. Everthing is under the dash and out of sight.
Neal
OH MY GOD! I HAVE to know details on this thing! (If you wouldn't mind)

If it's in another thread, just point me to it!

Thanks! :seeya

·
Registered
29 Posts
Buffy said:
OH MY GOD! I HAVE to know details on this thing! (If you wouldn't mind)

If it's in another thread, just point me to it!

Thanks! :seeya
I have not received it yet, when it arrives I will post some pictures. If you can't wait call Jay at the toll free number and he will gladly give you answers to your questions. He owns a OEM warrenty repair station and is highly knowledgeable about all automotive radios.
Neal

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think I'm getting the same thing Neal is talking about. It's called "XM Direct" and it's a little box that can mate with most anything. You can check the unit out at most Best Buy stores -- but most retail places only have the addons that fool Sirius tuners into doing XM, not the OEM GM addon.

The unit with the GM module costs just about $350 and you can only get it in a few places... the XM Direct makers seem to want to work with car dealers, not in retail situations.

See http://www.xmradio.com/xm_direct/index.jsp for information about the unit.

Mine is on order and once I get it in I'll follow up.

Vince

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
XM Radio is cool, but I hope Santa brings me the iPodiPhoto that can plug into my cars radio and allow me to hear from as they say,

"Though it's no bigger than a pack of playing cards and weighs in at just over 6 ounces, iPod photo delivers a one-two sensory punch. Letting you carry an entire library of your favorite music — up to 15,000 songs — or enough photos — as many as 25,000 — to fill nearly 200 slide trays or cover nearly 5,000 square feet of wall space. Got a really big den?"

Imagine, being able to carry all your tunes and organize them the way you want to hear them and then plugging that little bugger into your friends TV and stereo and seeing and hearing the pics from your most recent adventure with music too. Wow!

http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/ :party

·
Registered
9 Posts
It WORKS!!!

We installed the XM Direct with the XMDGM100 "smart digital adapter" in my SSR today and it works great! The system now has a "XM1" and "XM2" band, channel scanning works from the wheel, and the channel and track info displays on the screen!

:party

Tomorrow we'll play with it some more, we expect that presets will work... picture soon (not that much to see really since it's all integrated).

The XM antenna is just a bump in the extreme front of the dash.

Vince

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Xm

Well now, I'm glad that someone finally got it right. Too late to do mine that way, but that is definitely what I wanted....

·
Registered
186 Posts
?,s for XM

So Vince it seems like you got it all figured out so what iam wondering is it like i can walk into a Best Buy and purchase the XM Direct also the smart Digital adapter and have it hooked up and this all works sounds easy just curious for more Details thanks Doug. :party

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
I got a Roady 2 with the FM modulation. I plan on using it in all my vehicles by putting the antenna on the dash. I have yet to fix up a holder for the SSR. I plan on using the console cup holder brackets.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts