Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Terk XMDGMK XM adaptor on my OEM radio. XM was working fine before the vehicle sat for several months (battery tender attached). When I last used it the XM radio would only show "XM Loading" and would never connect. AM and FM are fine. I've researched solutions and it seems disconnecting the power to the radio is one suggestion. Is there anything I need to do other than pulling fuse #41 and letting it sit for a few minutes? Anyone else have this problem?

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
No reception

Yes , if your trying to receive a XM signal inside the garage, that is most likely the issue. Remember to be outside when XM sends a new RESET signal to you.

Are you back home???

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
I have a Terk XMDGMK XM adaptor on my OEM radio. XM was working fine before the vehicle sat for several months (battery tender attached). When I last used it the XM radio would only show "XM Loading" and would never connect. AM and FM are fine. I've researched solutions and it seems disconnecting the power to the radio is one suggestion. Is there anything I need to do other than pulling fuse #41 and letting it sit for a few minutes? Anyone else have this problem?
I’ve been having a similar problem with my 2015 Silverado. While this is an intermittent problem the receiver doesn’t find the signal once it’s lost.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am asking if I pull Fuse #41 will that cause the OEM Radio to reset? Will anything negative happen?

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
XM Reset

Did XM try sending a reset? Is your R still up on the stands in the garage? I seem to remember that after a power disconnect it takes a little time for the computer to reset everything to the factory / original settings. Can anyone else help MIKE on this?

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Did XM try sending a reset? Is your R still up on the stands in the garage? I seem to remember that after a power disconnect it takes a little time for the computer to reset everything to the factory / original settings. Can anyone else help MIKE on this?

It would be nice to know if he did the reset from XM before going into other troubleshooting. If the CD, am/fm work, then I doubt there is an electrical issue. So I would say....signal issue. Which would lead to the XM adapter, the antenna, or a reset needing to be done. The reset is the easy thing to do first.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I had XM send several refreshes and they were as helpful as they could be. And yes the vehicle was outside for clear reception. XM even sent me a free radio but I prefer to use the OEM if possible.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Now we can move forward

OK, New signal sent to R outside garage, but NO XM reception / XM Reloading on radio display. Should he try pulling fuse #41 and if that doesn't reset the radio what else can he try?

NOTE: They sent you a NEW Radio!!! That was nice.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I got back from overseas employment and took the SSR out of storage the battery was dead. When I got a new one put in and they disconnected everything the radio reset. XM came back on when the new battery went on. I'll bet it works if the fuse is pulled too but I'll try that some other time.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Welcome Home

Thanks for continuing to serve our country. Very happy all is well, NOW get on the highway and blow the dust off of that R. >:)

"Long may you run"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts