2003 Calendar Year to Date thru Dec 2003: 3522

Also new SSR Deliveries for Dec 2003

December deliveries: 933

Calendar Year to Date: 1664

·
Registered
110 Posts
confusing

according to above vins up to 3416 should be 03s. However; vin 3414 is a 2004. obviously the discrepancy probably lies in the recalled and signature units.

we may never know the last 2003's vin.

N

·
0 Posts
I posted this in another thread.

A redline red 2003 SSR vin #14 is on display at the San Jose Auto Show. What's intersesting is that it shows the serial numbers started over after the signature series.

Assuming that source quoted by Kwopper89 includes the 25 signature series then the last '03 serial number would be
3416 (the total # of '03s built)
- 25 (the signature series)
= S/N 3391

Wow this is just like those word problems in Junior High :D

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To Throw another wrench into the mess - There were 5 of the Signature Series SSR's (2003's) built in Dec of 2002...

So, that makes 3,421 TOTAL '03 SSR's - Including the signature series.

My dealer advised that the couple hundred??? SSR's that didn't meet Quality Reviews would NOT have the VIN's reissued - so whatever figure that turns out to be would reduce the 3,421 total. Sure seems like there was a gap of VIN's that didn't show up on eBay. 100 to 300/400 or so...

The source for the current production data is GM at:
http://www.gm.com/company/investor_information/sales_prod/?section=Company&layer=Investors&action=open&page=5

Historical Production is at:
http://www.gm.com/company/investor_information/sales_prod/hist_prod.htm

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
More numbers

In February 1481 SSRs were produced. Year to end of February 2863 SSRs were made.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Lowest VIN #

The lowest VIN # for the 2003 production of non-Signature Series SSR's that I know was available at a dealership was #240. It was a black unit.

I am still checking to find if there was a lower number released.

M

·
0 Posts
vin numbers

i have vin num 0038 on my ssr. i purchase my ssr on 3-5-04.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
my vin is #3521 so it was the second to last made in Dec. according to the above post. Mine is 2004 slingshot yellow.
Pick it up at the end of January.:cheers

D

·
0 Posts
Picked mine up at the beginning of January. It is Redline Red, number 279. Now if this winter will ever end...

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
vin#

I husband picked mine up for me 3/16/04 (two weeks earlier than original pickup date) the VIN# is 6457 going by the last 4 numbers of my paperwork, are these the numbers I need to be looking at? Again I am Slingshot Yellow

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
VIN

Those are the numbers (last 4 digits).

Congrats.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yellow...

Great color selection wildcat!!!

It is THE color to have... Photographs well..

Attached photo of my '03 SSR ~ #1740 in front of the Pine Flat Dam and Kings River in Fresno County...

{I don't know about others - but my SSR seems to run better the warmer the weather gets - hang in there SSR drivers back east!!!}

Attachments

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
pictures

kwhopper89,

You should put together a calendar with all those great pictures.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Collection

My daughter is helping me put together a book to show some of the 8X10's I've printed.

When I show my SSR, I also throw a few around in the bed and on the tailgate. (And run a slideshow on my laptop - which is also tucked away in the bed to reduce glare and theft possibilities...)

A calendar is a good idea...

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
SHIRT

Hey KWHOPPER.....

Where did you get the "shirt"? I probably have every version of the shirt with Corvettes on it but I've never seen the SSR version. It's gettin' that time of the year out here.....

T

·
0 Posts
Re: SHIRT

Toy Truck said:
Hey KWHOPPER.....

Where did you get the "shirt"? I probably have every version of the shirt with Corvettes on it but I've never seen the SSR version. It's gettin' that time of the year out here.....
There available @ reyns.com $80.
Its a Reyn Spooner shirt.

I picked some Vette ones up a few
years back on Ebay much cheaper.

Later,
John:cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts