Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boys,
I finally after a 4 month search found a deal on a privately owned SSR
for 38K out of Sacremento. I flew there on weds morn and drove it back to
Phx. I drove it straight for 12 long hrs!! The trip back here to Phx was
an awesome ride because the 2005 6.0 is a damn rocket!!!!!!!!! I had to wash the ride this morning while it was still dark. OK I had the outside lights on and
tonight after work its time for a good polish. The trip was exactly 769K in 12 hrs.
AND during the whole trip back from CAli. guess how many SSR,s I did see?????
I,am really looking forward to cruising up to northern AZ because its real pretty up there! The answer of how many I seen is zero!!! Awesome thats why I bought this speed machine because not every a-hole has one!
Well boys it,s time to get busy and I,am looking forward to this web site to swap good ideas etc!!!!!!!!!!!!! New member glad to arrive!!!!!!

BillyRay Phxaz :seeya

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome! Welcome!

Welcome to the family! By-the-way, how many miles did your SSR have on it when you bought it?

E :seeya

·
Registered
480 Posts
Billy Ray,

That's a damn good price. What options does it have. I bought my 05 on December 1st and thought I got a great price on my loaded aqua blur of $46,200 which was $4,200 under sticker. You might have beat me. Congratulations you great shopper!

Sarasota Joe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The miles on the ride were 246

The guy I bought the truck from already has 2 2003,s so this was his 3rd. He figured he would cut this one loose because he was buying some land . I guess when you have about 30 cars its no bid deal. My BIG advantage here in AZ is if I buy the vehicle from a private owner there is NO TAX!!! So that is why I looked at the autotrader/cars.com every day to find that one black SSR for sale. I guess usually you never find anyone cutting loose a new car they just bought on 10-14-04. I guess thee old saying is when preparation meets opportunity one gets lucky.
Currently its at the chevy dealer because of the three lower gauges the far two do not work. Do you guys know what they are.?The middle gauge says GPH and the last gauge goes from 120 to 280 I believe? Both gauges do nothing and stay to the far left. I was driving around Sunday and damnnnnnnnn this thing gets alot of looks and every rice rocket wants to race!!!!!!!!!!

BillyRay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BillyRayElvis said:
The guy I bought the truck from already has 2 2003,s so this was his 3rd. He figured he would cut this one loose because he was buying some land . I guess when you have about 30 cars its no bid deal. My BIG advantage here in AZ is if I buy the vehicle from a private owner there is NO TAX!!! So that is why I looked at the autotrader/cars.com every day to find that one black SSR for sale. I guess usually you never find anyone cutting loose a new car they just bought on 10-14-04. I guess thee old saying is when preparation meets opportunity one gets lucky.
Currently its at the chevy dealer because of the three lower gauges the far two do not work. Do you guys know what they are.?The middle gauge says GPH and the last gauge goes from 120 to 280 I believe? Both gauges do nothing and stay to the far left. I was driving around Sunday and damnnnnnnnn this thing gets alot of looks and every rice rocket wants to race!!!!!!!!!!

BillyRay
If i`m not wrong those gauges are
for an `04 not `05.

There lays the problem.
You should have a outside temp. and
2 others that i can`t think of right now.

I`m sure someone else will chime in.

Later,
John

·
Registered
49 Posts
Joe Schuhriemen said:
Billy Ray,

That's a damn good price. What options does it have. I bought my 05 on December 1st and thought I got a great price on my loaded aqua blur of $46,200 which was $4,200 under sticker. You might have beat me. Congratulations you great shopper!

Sarasota Joe
JOe
What options did you get for a price of 46,200? I got a price of 46K with the 1SB, running boards, mats, auxiliary package, special paint (aqua blur) license plate bracket. Am I getting a good price or am I getting rooked? Appreciate it very much if you can tell me your options.
Thank You
Devil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts