Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is it about the yellow paint job that warrants the $350 upcharge?

Is it a multi-step job? Does it have pearl or metallic undercoat?

I am about to order, and the yellow is what I want, but why the additional charge?

My 2003 CTS had a $650 upcharge and it was a mutil-step with pearl under the red.

:confused

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yellow

Yellow paint is not a option for 2004 SSr"s...ebryson
--------------------------
Well...that solves that problem. I suppose a 2003 might still be available. Thanks.

·
Registered
413 Posts
yellow

I placed my final order two weeks ago with a build date of first week of jan and yellow was available then but I ordered red

·
Registered
705 Posts
red rules anyways:party

·
Registered
36 Posts
ebryson said:
Yellow paint is not a option for 2004 SSr"s

Yellow is still showing available for the 2004 orders in the Vehicle Order Management System where we place our orders.

As far as the up charge, it is just like a corvette in that the clear coat is a special tinted clearcaot in which the system probably has to be purged after a run of yellow which takes time to purge the entire paint system and therefore leads to the upcharge.

This has been occurring with Corvettes on both the Yellow and the Magnetic red colors. Not uncommon for the upcharge.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yellow Paint

I placed my order for my 2004 ssr Dec 6th. The dealer told me I could not get Yellow. So I orderd Ultra Violet. I will call him and find out why he told me this????

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Yellow Paint

ebryson said:
I placed my order for my 2004 ssr Dec 6th. The dealer told me I could not get Yellow. So I orderd Ultra Violet. I will call him and find out why he told me this????
You might check with him because it sure shows up in the VOMS 2004 order submission section.

Sometimes in the beginning stages of the order system, GM does not get everything completely updated. That is why we have to be so cautious about what we tell someone. It could very well be that on December 6th all of the order information for the 2004 was not complete at that time. We still do not have the pricing updated for the 04 in the GM autobook. ( Not uncommon ).

So don't be too hard on him. If he hasn't recieved his allocation for the order yet, he should be able to change it. If the order has already been pulled , then it would be too late.

Check with him and see about your status. If he cannot help, then I could pull it for you if you have the order number and determine the current status.

Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
262 Posts
2004 colors

Anyone know what the "official" name (and code) of the blue/violet/ultraviolet color that is allegedly coming in '04?
Kinda hard to order one without it especially with the moron dealers that I have to deal with that don't have a clue.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: 2004 colors

sxsvnssnova said:
Anyone know what the "official" name (and code) of the blue/violet/ultraviolet color that is allegedly coming in '04?
Kinda hard to order one without it especially with the moron dealers that I have to deal with that don't have a clue.
Color code 21U - ULTRA VIOLET ( Metallic )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts