Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I ran across a Yellow SSR with Georgia plates. It was in a subdivision clubhouse parking lot in Winter Garden Fl. I asked around inside, but no one seemed to know who it belonged to.
Oh well , it would have been nice to spend a few minutes talking cars.

·
Daily Driver
8,930 Posts
This is why you should carry business cards with the SSR Fanatic and your contact information. Stick it in the drivers outside mirror so after they get in and see it they only have to roll the window down and not have to get out and retrieve it from under the wiper. The goal is to contact and inform, not annoy. :thumbs

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,869 Posts
It would be nice if someone came up with a postcard size standard sample with the following on it.

A space to write our name, phone number, and e-mail address.

Facts about Chevy SSR Forum and how to get to the site and how to join.

We could carry these in our vehicles and hand them out or place them on unattended SSR's we see.

I see tons of SSR's in my area but never anyone around. Don't think many or any are on this site.

I am not very good with this kind of stuff but would like some of these or at least the information to get some made. Maybe someone can provide a sample. Thanks, Auggie.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
957 Posts
It would be nice if someone came up with a postcard size standard sample with the following on it.

A space to write our name, phone number, and e-mail address.

Facts about Chevy SSR Forum and how to get to the site and how to join.

We could carry these in our vehicles and hand them out or place them on unattended SSR's we see.

I see tons of SSR's in my area but never anyone around. Don't think many or any are on this site.

I am not very good with this kind of stuff but would like some of these or at least the information to get some made. Maybe someone can provide a sample. Thanks, Auggie.
Auggie ... great idea ... now I have a project for the afternoon!

Cheers, Carl

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
957 Posts
Okay, here is a first-go at some basic info postcards that can be left on SSR's we may come across on our many travels. Please let me know if there is any pertinent information that I failed to include. I left space for the card-giver to add a name, number, and/or email address. Provided with SSR accent colors so you can use your color of choice. Vista Print will make 50 of these postcard-sized cards for $10. Feel free to download and use as you desire ... or, if changes are recommended and agreed, then I will revise the lot.

Cheers, Carl

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,734 Posts
My initial thought was to have the card in the shape of the SSR, but you probably couldn't put all that info on it.

Dave

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Love it, now if I could figure out how to put it on card stock. Would be awesome to be able to let folks know that there are other R's in the area. Hopefully get them onto the site, and make new family.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,869 Posts
Looks awesome. How do I get a copy to the printer to have them made? Like I said earlier our kids call us "CAVE PEOPLE".

·
Daily Driver
8,930 Posts
If you have a printer, Avery Dennison makes all sizes of stuff from business size cards on up, along with stickers, fabric transfers, and the software to print them with the proper spacing.

I would rather have wallet size cards that make them aware rather than try to sell them. If it looks too much like commercial advertising, it's likely to get trashed, whereas if it looks like an honest one to one contact they might be curious. I would put the website on there but not like it's the reason for the card.

But that's just one opinion, and I'm a jaded old fart, so do what feels good to you. :shades:

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,869 Posts
I am going big with the Yellow edge. Thanks. The business size card will never be seen and get lost or fall off and will be way too busy and hard to read with all that information on it. My 2 cents and we all know what that is worth.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,869 Posts
the rest of the colors ...

Thanks Carl for the template for the introduction cards. I contacted my local print shop here and they sized it to 4X6 inches and added me and the wife's names, phone numbers, E-Mail address and 2005 Slingshot Yellow. All on a glossy card stock. Ordered 50 of them so we can carry 10 in each vehicle and always have some with us. We see SSR's all the time that are unattended and this will be the perfect way to leave them a nice note and invitation to join us and the forum. They will be ready Monday, 11-27-17. Thanks for what you do. Auggie.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,311 Posts
So Cool......

Carl, these are fantastic!!

Thanks so much for taking this project on.....they look fine as is to me. My only question is now what do I do to order some? Are you taking orders for them?

I'm ready!

==============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Carl these are great.
Maybe you should start a separate thread.
Unfortunately, I have only seen a less then 10 others in six years, but I will still look forward to order information.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts