Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally saw another SSR on the island. I had to do 90 just to catch up and say hello and it was way too cool to actually see another car on the road.

I wanted to talk to the driver but didn't have the chance but a couple of waves and smiles were exchanged.

If you are on this site then email me at [email protected] and let's get the cars out and meet.

Rick :cheers

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
I've had my SSR since October and have yet to see another SSR on the street

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Isn't that funny that there are around 8000 out there and most of us haven't seen another up close on the streets. I have people come up all the time to say they have never seen one close up. I think its cool!

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
other SSR's

I've seen three others in my area and they're all yellow. My wife saw a black one and a friend saw a blue one.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to say that it was really cool to see another SSR. Becaue it was yellow and with the high rear, I knew what it was from a distance and I thought: "Wow, there's another SSR!" I knew one was around from the gas station people but never saw one anywhere I drive and I drive alot!

Then of course it took me forever to catch up and not get a ticket mind you-and I am only sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to the guy and see if he knows about this forum.

Rick :party

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
there's a lady where I work who bought a yellow one for her husband for Christmas!!! Now that's love. Also another yellow one about half a mile from my work - guy who owns a trendy Mexican restaurant - parks it outside all the time - attracts a lot of attention. Went there one day and parked next to it, but didn't meet him.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Finally met up with a fellow SSr'er yesterday. Knew he was around but never ran across him till now. He is having his dashed replaced because of scratches on it on delivery. He didn't know where the ash tray was and when I told him were it was he tried to pull it down and broke it. oops! :banghead :banghead

J

·
0 Posts
Saw 2 Yellow SSR's at once

One day I was going at freeway Loop 1604 in San
Antonio, Tx. and I saw a Yellow SSR with the top up, after a minute I see another Yellow SSR but it had the top down. :)

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
More Texas

Jose02Str said:
One day I was going at freeway Loop 1604 in San
Antonio, Tx. and I saw a Yellow SSR with the top up, after a minute I see another Yellow SSR but it had the top down. :)
Jose02Str - Another Texan!! Pretty soon we can have our own rally. :party

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Riccardo,

Where abouts in Log Island are you from. I go down to Wantagh a couple of times a month, and will actually be there quite a bit in May. Maybe we can have a get together. Jones Beach is a pretty cool area to cruise. Let's see if we can find some more SSR guys too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To date i still have not seen another ssr on the road. The only ones i have seen are the ones sitting at the dealer lots. i have had mine for 2 months and the more i drive it the more i love it. but it does get boring people asking the same questions. some days i just want to ride and not answer questions. this site has been great for all the info everybody puts out.

thanks # 3785 :thumbs

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Dan,

I'm about 30 minutes from Wantaugh and always drive through Jones Beach so anytime.....

There are at least two other prople from the Island on this site.
Let me know when you're in the neighborhood.

Rick :thumbs

N

·
0 Posts
I am in the Bellmore area..... Dont drive it much but on the weekends..

Mine is black with all windows tinted, even winsheild.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Just saw a Red SSR pulling out of the parking Lot at MT.SAC. College at 11Am( Walnut, Calif.).
It's the 1st REDLINE I've seen on the road around here.
That's 2 in the last week, 1st was FRED EDICK 's ride . NICE

G

·
0 Posts
Saw one at Hospital

I finally saw one in Hospital parking lot in Plano, first one I have seen not at dealership.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I am guessing it wasn't your :) ! Where are you located? I have seen a red, black an purple, only once on the road in Addison and one Silver in Carrollton. I am told there is a silver one in Corinth and a Silver one in Flower Mound too. Postal Workers know where everything are. They told me about the two silvers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have a yellow, red, purple and black all in our little community of Marble Falls. Maybe some more colors will move to town. This really must be Gods country.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Other colors?

hobinsky said:
We have a yellow, red, purple and black all in our little community of Marble Falls. Maybe some more colors will move to town. This really must be Gods country.
If you see anything other than silver, then you can REALLY suspect that God might be lurking nearby! :lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts