Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what Rally this song was done at but despite being a Blues Brother, I LOVE this little song! Hopefully some of you will chime in with the location and who this is! @BlueStreak posted it! I have seen it posted before but I know we have a lot of newbies out there that have not. Enjoy!

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,693 Posts
I have no idea what Rally this song was done at but despite being a Blues Brother, I LOVE this little song! Hopefully some of you will chime in with the location and who this is! @BlueStreak posted it! I have seen it posted before but I know we have a lot of newbies out there that have not. Enjoy!
[/QUOTE

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,693 Posts
It was definitely Laughlin Run, I'm going to say maybe 2014 or 15. It was at the Edgewater, I was the EMCEE. I think the fellow went by the name of Lukey Boy...but I could be wrong! (Wouldn't be the first time)

·
Super Moderator
14,088 Posts
That is cool
Someone did a nice job
Unfortunately was not a little red deuce coupe.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Love that song! I remember hearing the shorter version and wish I had saved it. Thanks for posting this version Larry! :D (y)

·
Premium Member
7,366 Posts
Back in the 80's Thom Schuyler scribble down a song titled "Mt Old Yellow Car" and recorded by the late Dan Seals. Printed it off one day and changed the word "Car" to "SSR" which fits nicely to the music. Any way it fits my "Old Yeller SSR" that is 17 years old and has 153,000 plus miles ... Top won't work, Front End needs rebuilt, Chrome Front Grill Bar is cracked where I "bumped" a Pick Up truck in the rear.. Oil Pressure Gauge doesn't work, Scraped a curb at that "Chicken Joint" last month with the driver side Chrome Rim. But I'm really something in my "Old Yeller SSR" ... Right now now "she's" covered in dirty slush from 6 inches of snow and driving "her" everyday !!! Hell yes, "she's" a driver and I "love her" ... at 81 (and a 64 year old Lady Friend) no garage queens for me !!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: Autoprof

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,616 Posts
Have not heard from them since. As mentioned in the last verse they had kids at that point so not sure if the SSR stayed with them. Great couple though. I am out of town, in Laughlin, learning my new phone so have been off line for a few days. Head home tomorrow.

Reactions: HUAW

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,774 Posts
I think that would be an AWESOME idea! What do you say Jarod? Never considered your musical skills! 😎
I don't know about skills, but I can look into it if the space allows.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got a contact number to try to at least get Luke's blessing to use the song. We'll see how we can use it during the International Rally! 😉

Reactions: Trygodfirst

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,478 Posts
Awesome time for verse four in 2021

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey all, that was me several years ago, the last year my wife and I were able to go to Laughlin. As @BlueStreak said, we had acquired some kids through the foster system at that time, so a 2 seater made things interesting. Not to worry, we also have a '67 Camaro so we would just throw one child car seat in the Little Yellow Chevy and one in the Camaro and off we go to car shows. We still have the SSR, as a matter of fact, my 4 year old son demanded I pick him up from preschool in it today! It doesn't matter that I'm the mayor of our city, when he says he wants to be picked up in the yellow car, daddy accommodates! We've fostered or caretaken 8 different kids over the last 10 years, and last year during COVID lockdowns, we had the honor of being the first adoption finalization hearing by video conference in our county. Our son who we had fostered since birth, was returned to his mom by the court, then removed almost two years later due to drug exposure, and placed back with us, is now officially ours forever. Then a few months later completely out of the blue we got a call that his mom had given birth to another baby boy who was also exposed to drugs, so we brought him home from the hospital at 2 weeks old and have been fostering him since November 9th, hopefully moving toward adoption as well. Our hearts (and our schedules) are full, and we are so blessed. I've eyed both the SSR and the Camaro as potential fundraisers to help our financial planning, but my wife is adamant that they're not for sale. The Camaro was the car we went on our first date in, and drove away from our wedding, and the SSR still gives all of us permagrin 15 years later! Heck, if you write a song about a car, it's pretty much part of the family at that point! Sorry for the long post, and even more sorry for being practically nonexistent on the forum (although I do lurk here and find answers to little issues). If you've read this far you now know more than you ever wanted to know about us. But the prize for sticking with it is, I have no problem with my original song being rebooted for another SSR event. Feel free to add more verses! Thanks for the kind words and the drive down memory lane. God bless!
Lukyboy (Luke Hamby)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congratulations Lukyboy - on the cars and the family. You and your wife are special people to be involved in fostering and adoption. You've made some kids very lucky. Your oldest son can now be called "Luckyboy" after you, his dad.

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your story with those of us that had never made the trip to Laughlin and met you and the wife. I certainly expect @Firetruck to include your song during our International Rally in September! I will insure you get a video of his performance! I'm confident he will do it justice! (Feel the heat Jarod?)

Again, Thanks for touching base and God bless you and the positive difference you are making in those two little boys lives and the community you serve! 😉

Love our Fanatic Family!
Larry

Reactions: lukyboy

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congratulations Lukyboy - on the cars and the family. You and your wife are special people to be involved in fostering and adoption. You've made some kids very lucky. Your oldest son can now be called "Luckyboy" after you, his dad.
Thank you very much Ronglo. I am a very lucky boy (or blessed man is probably more appropriate now). We're so grateful to have these boys in our lives, and to get to own some significant pieces of Chevrolet and American auto history is just icing on the cake!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts