Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, thanks to Dicktator and the Texas SSR Tech day at Texas Motor Speedway, my top now goes up and down again without any error messages. However, I am not getting the "Ding(s)" when the operation is complete. Have I done something in the programing via the steering wheel buttons that turned this off or is this an indication of another issue?

Thanks!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,497 Posts
Hey gang, thanks to Dicktator and the Texas SSR Tech day at Texas Motor Speedway, my top now goes up and down again without any error messages. However, I am not getting the "Ding(s)" when the operation is complete. Have I done something in the programing via the steering wheel buttons that turned this off or is this an indication of another issue?

Thanks!
Do you have an aftermarket radio or set of speakers in your SSR?

Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I do and I don't think I have made the roof work since I got those speakers until this past weekend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good question, I really have not paid attention. I believe the Key in Ignition and Door Ajar chimes work, but I'll have to go check this evening.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I’ve checked, I don’t have any chimes. I went through the choices in the program menu and I don’t see where I can Turn chimes off or on. What am I missing or what didn’t get done when had the speakers replaced.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,497 Posts
Ok, I’ve checked, I don’t have any chimes. I went through the choices in the program menu and I don’t see where I can Turn chimes off or on. What am I missing or what didn’t get done when had the speakers replaced.
The "Audible Warnings" are generated in either the OEM radio (Base model audio system) or in the OEM amplifier (Bose system) as a result of digital commands coming through the data bus. When you replaced the radio, that was eliminated.......... I'll bet you replaced the amplifier too.

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts