Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok SSR Lovers,

I have spoken to the powers to be and althought they probably don't believe me that there would be buyers for the SSR if we were at MSRP, I have convinced them to let me offer MSRP on the vehicle between today and next Wednesday night, Christmas Eve.

I will be gone from Christmas Day until the morning of the 28th so I have been authorized to sell these vehicles at MSRP if I do so within the above time frame.

If you are up for the challange and ready for a bright red Christmas present, then I have two to choose from.

Hope that the short time frame will help me to prove that there are serious buyers at MSRP.

Have a Great Day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just so there will be absolutely no misunderstandings. The following is the total price out the door before State taxes and registration fees. If you pay me cash or Check and are not financing through my sources, the following is the amount I would have to have and the SSR is yours. If you finance through our lending institutions, then I would be required to also collect your ststae's sales taxes and registration fees and forward them to your local DMV.

MSRP and selling price $ 46090.00

30 Day Drive Out Tag 5.50

Shelby County Business Tax 149.07

Chuck Hutton Processing Fee 349.00

Total ( based on a Cash Deal) $ 46593.57

If interested in this deal please call me at your convenience.

My phone listed below is Toll Free. I pay for the call.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I think that's a fair price. I hope someone gets it.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
:D :D
Good for you Karl, Glad to see another dealer become a good guy!
Now if we could just get some of these other Scrooge's that advertise on this forum to see the light. Could be a nice Christmas for some people that were going to wait for the 04 so they would'nt have to pay a priemium.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just hope that someone will take me up on the offer. I don't like being told " I told you so " when I pushed so hard to get the commitment.

If you guys are not in the market, I hope you have a friend that is.

:(

We are closed on Sunday so I have 3 days to make a point. Sure hope this works.

Hope you all have a Great Christmas Season.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Typical BS

To the salesman among us,
Save your words for the Malibu and Impala crowd.
Came in your dealership Friday afternoon and got the typical treatment in a Memphis Chevy dealership.
Bad.
In fact, I wasn't even waited on in your place. You guys too busy with the babes? I waited and looked at your red SSR but no one bothered to ask and it just wasn't me standing there.
Must have thought we were just trying to get warm.
I don't have time begging a salesperson to wait on me.
Guess I should have brought a good looking woman with me.
I have been to your place(+4/10K depending on who you talked to on the phone), Serra(+4K), Bill Heard (+10K,probably to pay for the showroom and all of the chrome and mirrors), and Jimmy Gray (+5K) and get the same story you're telling.
And now it's at MSRP?
It would help this forum if you and the other people trying to sell
something to go over to Ebay and do it there. This is not the place.
I was ready with the check but not now for you or your Memphis
brethern.
For all of the genuine SSR owners, you lucky dogs,,,ENJOY!!!
For all of the Memphis Chevy sales guys (and owners) trying to hose everyone to pay for whatever,,**** YOU!

Looking for an '03 black and a reputable Chevy dealer OUTSIDE of Memphis.

·
Registered
130 Posts
"What's the "Chuck Hutton Processing Fee"? = additional Dealer Profit:D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Re: Typical BS

sxsvnssnova said:
To the salesman among us,
Save your words for the Malibu and Impala crowd.
Came in your dealership Friday afternoon and got the typical treatment in a Memphis Chevy dealership.
Bad.
In fact, I wasn't even waited on in your place. You guys too busy with the babes? I waited and looked at your red SSR but no one bothered to ask and it just wasn't me standing there.
Must have thought we were just trying to get warm.
I don't have time begging a salesperson to wait on me.
Guess I should have brought a good looking woman with me.
I have been to your place(+4/10K depending on who you talked to on the phone), Serra(+4K), Bill Heard (+10K,probably to pay for the showroom and all of the chrome and mirrors), and Jimmy Gray (+5K) and get the same story you're telling.
And now it's at MSRP?
It would help this forum if you and the other people trying to sell
something to go over to Ebay and do it there. This is not the place.
I was ready with the check but not now for you or your Memphis
brethern.
For all of the genuine SSR owners, you lucky dogs,,,ENJOY!!!
For all of the Memphis Chevy sales guys (and owners) trying to hose everyone to pay for whatever,,**** YOU!

Looking for an '03 black and a reputable Chevy dealer OUTSIDE of Memphis.

I really hate that you had that experience. I know that you didn't ask for me because I would have been more than happy to assist you once I got through with my other customer or would have even assigned you to another one of my salesmen that works with me when one of us was unavailable.

What I have said on this board stands. I WILL sell these two vehicles at MSRP for the selling price and if you chose to give me an opportunity to accept your check, then I promise that I will not disappoint you. I cannot help you if you will not ask for me.

Thanks for stopping in. Next time I wish you would give me a chance to help you simply by asking. Not everyone in this dealership was given the authority to sell the units at MSRP. I have been here for eleven years and have a little more Latitude.

If you chose to come back in , I will be happy for you to tell your story to the GSM before you drive home your new SSR.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nowandthen said:
What's the "Chuck Hutton Processing Fee"?
Most all dealerships have a processing fee. Some in the area are larger and some have a smaller processing fee. The fee is an administration fee which covers many things from the ladies in the billing office to the certified letters or fed ex packages that are sent out with the legal paperwork, etc.

Most customers are never made aware of a dealership's processing fee until they are in the finance office. I choose to insure that my customers never hit the finance office to perform their legal paperwork until they have been made aware of any charges that they would incurr by purchasing the vehicle at this dealership. It insures that there will be no misunderstandings about what the vehicle cost before you go to sign your papers. If you want an extended warrantee as well, then I assist you with the cost of such a plan that fits your needs. If you decide that you don't want that warrantee, then I inform the finance manager that it has been discussed and that you have decided against purchasing one at this time. I make every effort to insure that what you are told remains the same through the entire purchase process. For those of you that would rather not purchase as a result of the processing fee, then at least I saved you the time of having to deal with something that you were not aware of before you went in to sign your papers. I consider it a matter of disclosure so that there are no surprises. Most of my customers seem to appreciate the fact that I have been upfront with them and there are no surprises.

·
Registered
705 Posts
so how much is the processing fee? $3000?:cheers

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
c'mon red, read the whole thread - he said it was $349.00 - at least he's up front about it - a lot more professional than most, and willing to take the flack.

·
Registered
705 Posts
oops, sorry. I didn't see it. His posts are a bit long and he is trying TOO hard to look honest. and he probably is. The problem is that most car buyers have a pretty bad perception of car sales person and it would be hard for anyone to trust one. $349 processing fee seems pretty high. I think the total price is fair even with the high processing fee. I got mine at MSRP, no processing fee.

T

·
0 Posts
FAIR DEAL

I think its a good deal .I waited 19 months for mine with a 5000 doller non refundabel deposit to get mine and they wouldnt even throw in a cover for my SSR. To cover the interest on my deposit . Now that i got my truck they dont even rember my name. I know that if didnt have mine i would be on a plane right now with a check to drive home a new SSR. Good Luck Karl I hope you sell both in the next 2 days. Have a great christmas and new year. TATTOO EXPERT.:angel :cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Me too Tattoo but at this point it doesn't appear that anyone is going to jump at the offer.

Those on the board that have already made commitments to their current dealers at MSRP can understandably not want to switch gears at this late date.

I do also have a Black 2003 that will hit the ground anyday that will also be available at the MSRP.

I will be out of town from Thursday until Monday Morning the 29th.

If anyone is interested in the Black, I do have the Vin number so it can be written up even though it is not here yet. MSRP CAME IN AT $ 46490.00 It appears that the Black one has the Integrated Side Saddle Storage Feature.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Safe Holiday Season.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
sxsvnssnova,

"Looking for an '03 black and a reputable Chevy dealer OUTSIDE of Memphis. "

I am still interested in your business if you would like to secure the black SSR that is due in anyday.

Pricing is as follows:

MSRP and selling price $ 46490.00

30 Day Drive Out Tag 5.50

TN Tax and County Tax 3509.09

Chuck Hutton Processing Fee 349.00

Total ( based on a Cash Deal) $ 50353.59

This is based on the indication that you live in Tennessee and I would have to collect the taxes.

Also you tag work has not been included due to not knowing if you would be trading a vehicle or transferring tags off another vehicle. At any rate, new tags within the city limits would be 113.00, county would be 87.00, or the transfer would be 17.00.

Hope to hear from you. Please call if you are interested because I will be out of town from the 25th and be back on the 29th.

Have a Great Holiday Season

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The Black SSR has an MSRP of $ 46490.00 due to the addition of the Side Saddle Storage Feature.

Previous post was updated to reflect that fact. This pertains to the Black unit only. The previous post on the two red units stand as is.

Have a Great Day

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's Christmas Eve and still no takers. :(

At least no one will be able to say that I did not try to assist the SSR community by offering the SSRs at MSRP.

I will have a sit with the Boss when I get back from Houston on Monday and verify that I can maintain the pricing as it currently stands.

If we cannot sell these units at MSRP then there a fewer buyers than I originally anticipated.

Thanks for bearing with the Good and the bad and it is my sincere hope that everyone on the Board will have a safe and joyous Holiday Season with their families.

I sould still be available through the toll free number but may not be reviewing the web as much for the next couple of days.

:cheers

F

·
0 Posts
Realty Time

Looks like realty has finally arrived. Your dealer knew that one day the price for SSRs would be discounted below MSRP...just like all his other vehicles.

I think this should be taken as a good omen about the economy and the SSRs. We the consumers must not pay more than what something is worth...no matter how high the fever rises!

Have a nice time over the holiday and when you return, begin to sell SSRs like you do other nice cars/trucks.

:party

1 - 20 of 21 Posts