Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dedication, lengthy introduction (hey, it's a Jim G production so of course its lengthy!), and book outline are done for "The SSR Experience". And, the draft for Chapter 1 (the only tough one) is partially done and proceeding well!

Chapter 1 addresses the difficult question of "What in The World is the SSR supposed to be?" I am having GREAT fun with it!

My wife just asked a really good question that added a new dimension to that question. She asked how SSR Fanatic members in particular would answer that question.

They have the benefit of actually having owned, driven, and experienced the SSR for more than a press preview or road test. They also have the insights afforded by the thousands of comments made daily on this website, as we actually LIVE with this strange and wonderful creature (the SSR - not your spouse!!). She and I both suspect the answers would be diverse, thought provoking, and most of all humorous, beyond the already diverse, thought provoking, and humorous answers we have gotten elsewhere!

So, here is your chance to answer that big question. If any of the answers are "interesting" enough, they'll end up being quoted in the book, and your place in history is assured!

You have the soapbox, and my rapt attention . . . :)

I can't WAIT to see some of the answers . . .

Jim G

·
OP
8,251 Posts
JimGnitecki said:
The dedication, lengthy introduction (hey, it's a Jim G production so of course its lengthy!), and book outline are done for "The SSR Experience". And, the draft for Chapter 1 (the only tough one) is partially done and proceeding well!

Chapter 1 addresses the difficult question of "What in The World is the SSR supposed to be?" I am having GREAT fun with it!

My wife just asked a really good question that added a new dimension to that question. She asked how SSR Fanatic members in particular would answer that question.

They have the benefit of actually having owned, driven, and experienced the SSR for more than a press preview or road test. They also have the insights afforded by the thousands of comments made daily on this website, as we actually LIVE with this strange and wonderful creature (the SSR - not your spouse!!). She and I both suspect the answers would be diverse, thought provoking, and most of all humorous, beyond the already diverse, thought provoking, and humorous answers we have gotten elsewhere!

So, here is your chance to answer that big question. If any of the answers are "interesting" enough, they'll end up being quoted in the book, and your place in history is assured!

You have the soapbox, and my rapt attention . . . :)

I can't WAIT to see some of the answers . . .

Jim G
My first answer is "its SUPPOSED to be in my garage and not in the dealer's"

I will follow up with more answers once I retrieve it.

·
OP
8,251 Posts
2nd answer

My wife is helping me on this so most of the credit goes to her.
The SSR is a retro ride that takes you back to a simpler time.

In short, "the SSR is a...feeling"

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hotrodgirl: The first part of your answer is a common one, but the second part is GOOD!! That's a contender.

Ampmop: You are on the right track to true fulfillment and peace. You'll see what I mean.

Jim G

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Quote me on this

:)

G

·
16 years old

The SSr, for over a year and 1/2 now, Still makes me feel like 16 again and just got my license to drive. Don't care where I'm going, how much gas is, as long as i'm cruisin somewhere, anywhere.
(Like I haven't been drivin for over 30 years.) :cool :thumbs :ssr :flag :seeya

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts

Revenge is a dish best served cold ! Oh sorry , wrong movie :lurk

·
Registered
164 Posts
What is the SSR?

It's the roadster I never had as a kid, the fulfillment of a mature man's dreams, the ultimate convertible truck and muscle car in one great package. It's the gleam in my old eyes, the toy I've always wanted.

·
1,678 Posts
My dad would say " it's a rich mans pickup "

My dad is not a gearhead like me

·
Registered
487 Posts
What is an SSR????

Jim G,
I can’t describe an SSR in one phrase....Sorry, but I need to just get this out.

“A Permanent Smile from here to there”

“One Hell-Of-A-Ride”

“Sit-Down, Top-Down, Pedal Down”

A Head turning, Thought provoking, conversation starting yellow flash of Sunshine.

And what I tell everyone......

My mid-life crisis cleverly disguised as a marketing tool.

Thanks,
Joe Davis,
StepPrinting.com

·
Registered
579 Posts
Chevy's Attempt to Re-establish their Greatness

The SSR is Chevy's attempt to re-establish their greatness as a premire automaker! I think they are succeeding :thumbs

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
1,678 Posts
A Head turning, Thought provoking, conversation starting yellow flash of Sunshine.

What do you mean yellow :reddevil

·
Registered
487 Posts
Devastator said:

What do you mean yellow :reddevil

I know, I know, I know, Black is Beautiful – Red is Radiant – Blue is...well...Blue. But Yellow, Now that’s the color of the Gods :jester

.....I see a new Poll thread starting......

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

G

·
The short answer I saw already; a corvette truck.

The long answer: A retro, hardtop convertable, sport truck/roadster.

The philisophical answer: A combination sports car, truck and convertable all rolled into a classic truly unique beauty thats a total blast to drive.

Another possible answer: The 2003-2006 new an improved Retro Chevy ElCamino convertable roadster. :flag

1 - 20 of 64 Posts