Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Homely or Awesome?

I'm sorta undecided on this one myself. From some angles I think It's odd looking and seems like the designers didn't catch it right. And on the flipside some angles look pretty good.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
It looks better than a PT, beefier. I didn't like it when I saw it in pictures but I like, but don't love it. I hear the ride is awesome and very comfy!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like it a lot. I think Chevy did a great job of making a small economical vehicle, with a little style. It way outdoes it's competitors.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Real nice vehicle - even the mother in law likes it! :lol She says it rides real smooth!

I am way impressed with the fit and finish!!! The 2.4 powerplant is not bad for a 4 cy - I guess with the gas prices - it seems like a REAL good purchase (no matter how hard the dealership wanted me to take the FULL-UP (nav system etc etc) 2004 Trailblazer in the showroom)!

I really like the heritage look - the more I look at the HHR the more styling cues I see from the SSR!!!

·
Registered
893 Posts
HHR.....the grille....ugh!!!!!!!

Over all it looks pretty good........BUT!..........the grille is way over done.........I hope something is done in aftermarket........I would own one.....but the grille :lol would have to go!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I just saw my first one yesterday, talk about cheap. The interior looked like an early Kia.

The outside was ok. But shouldn't a brand new vehicle from GM look COMPLETELY different from anything chrysler has? For even a similarity to exist between the PTC and the HHR shows the lack of vision, and reinforces to the masses that the PTC MUST be pretty good, GM is copying it.

If you own one of the things, please disregard the above comments and insert "how cute".

Troy

·
Registered
256 Posts
It's funny, but the same designer and production manager that designed the Chevy HHR, are the same people that designed the PT Cruiser. Same team.

Like the PT.
The HHR :confused

W

·
0 Posts
Plain and simple

I don't like it...

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

·
Registered
416 Posts
I like the looks of the PT Cruiser better, particularly the convertible version with the top down! I rented one of these a few months ago, though, and even with the turbo engine, the performance was only "adequate." (And that was before I was spoiled by the performance of my SSR!)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whitewolf said:
Over all it looks pretty good........BUT!..........the grille is way over done.........I hope something is done in aftermarket........I would own one.....but the grille :lol would have to go!
I kinda agree here. Something about the grille doesnt seem right, think If I had one I'd have to swap it out for another grille kit:

I'd probably go for something like these:

·
Registered
487 Posts
I was expecting a 4 door SSR until I saw the pictures....Then I went to see one as soon as it hit the showroom floor........

I was more than disappointed.....If it had been a 4 door SSR, I would have gotten on a list.....

I see a monster market for this car to the under 25 crowd, and to the over 25 crowd that just don’t want a Chrysler.

I guess I will have to wait for the panel truck..... :)

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
I swore I'd never get a 4 cyl after I bought my Roadster - but this 2.4 ecotech in my HHR is MUCH better than I had anticipated. The Sky and Solstice have this 2.4 too - minus a few lbs.

175 HP is still 175 HP, but I still find myself 'stuck' behind slow traffic all the time! :cuss Can't be my driving style - can it??? :lol (100 mph in the HHR feels very smooth!)

All in all - and with gas at $3.19 for Regular today - I'd say the HHR was a good buy. It will most likely become my daughters vehicle in a year or so - if she continues to show responsibility and is an :angel !!!!!!!!!!!!

****Photo taken: 4/25/2004 Half Moon Bay California*****

Attachments

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
I swore I'd never get a 4 cyl after I bought my Roadster - but this 2.4 ecotech in my HHR is MUCH better than I had anticipated. The Sky and Solstice have this 2.4 too - minus a few lbs.

175 HP is still 175 HP, but I still find myself 'stuck' behind slow traffic all the time! :cuss Can't be my driving style - can it??? :lol (100 mph in the HHR feels very smooth!)

All in all - and with gas at $3.19 for Regular today - I'd say the HHR was a good buy.

Ditto :agree

Sat in a Red one yesterday at the California Speedway, very cool.:thumbs

It's going to be my next ride...

RickSSR :cool

1 - 20 of 22 Posts